iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Mike on stilts freestyle  (Read 3995 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Mike on stilts freestyle
« on: August 29, 2009, 11:48:21 PM »

I uploaded Mike's one-of-a-kind freestyle on stilts to youtube. If you happened to see one of the previous attempts today, this one works (it seems the initial title screen was screwing up youtube's processing of the video.) Enjoy!

[youtube]gAqpS5R382U[/youtube]

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: Mike on stilts freestyle
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 03:15:43 PM »

Wow!!!  Thanks Jorge.  That looks great.  And you even cut out my initial failure with the two tops.  Great!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 04:14:49 PM »

It takes a lot of courage to pull a freestyle like that, specially immediately after doing another freestyle and with nobody to help you set up. My hat off to you! As the song repeats, "no one does the things . . ." (what are the complete lyrics?)

John Buechele

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 06:34:26 PM »

I still can't beleive this. Just another reminder to me of why I need to go to Worlds.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 10:18:57 PM »

John and Jorge, you are so kind.  I really can't believe it all worked out as well as it did.  It wasn't what I have done in practice but it was about as good as I could do with my present ability and skills....onstage.....at the worlds.....while getting hotter and hotter from the stilts.....and the pressure!!!  It's so great to be able to dream and it's even better when a long awaited dream starts to come together.  I owe top spinning a lot for helping me keep my sanity through some of my crazy days and weeks.

Jorge, your video work of my freestyle is paying off already.  It's much easier to have people find me on youtube.  And you make it all look so much better. 

John, you will be the one to which people will be saying "I can't believe it".  Your progress with the fixed tip is phenomenal.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 11:22:25 AM »

Gold Member--that's funny!

Great freestyle creativity.
Erratic Wobbler

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 02:11:54 PM »

Thanks, Poptop!  I must admit, I did try pretty hard to do some different things for the freestyle.  I'm not going to push the creativity button so hard next year. 

It's good to be on this side of the freestyle and to relax a bit.

I can't say thanks enough to Jorge for his work on the youtube video.  People are noticing it!!!