iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: bearing king problems  (Read 6548 times)

topper777

Re: bearing king problems
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2010, 09:30:41 PM »

im still having problems getting the bearing off the tip. any suggestions?

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2010, 09:55:34 PM »

It is not very easy at all to get the bearing off of the tip.  If you just want to clean it, soak the whole thing in mineral spirits.  You could of course take the visible shield off.  I once got a bearing off using a tiny hammer claw...

HyFlyer

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2010, 08:28:00 AM »

Hi, all! I'm an enthusiastic noob here and I got an orange BK in my Christmas stocking. It has the same lid molding cracks mentioned in other posts AND the lid won't come off (I'll try again after slamming it around some more from spinning). Thanks for the posts and advice!

HyFlyer

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2010, 10:43:55 AM »

Alright! I smacked it onto the floor in an attempt to spin and the lid flew off... and now will NOT twist clockwise (CW) back on!! And this, I believe, is why the cap could not be turned CCW and off. It was not turned CW and tightened as packaged- just friction fit on- so no wonder it could not turn CCW even with great effort. It already was ready to just pop off. This was certainly not apparent as the lid was tight on! So now, thank you, I will only use tape (can not twist it, anyway) to secure the cap... problem solved!

topper777

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2010, 11:43:10 AM »

It is not very easy at all to get the bearing off of the tip.  If you just want to clean it, soak the whole thing in mineral spirits.  You could of course take the visible shield off.  I once got a bearing off using a tiny hammer claw...

wont the mineral spirits damage the plastic tip?

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2010, 11:53:58 AM »

Nope.  Ya might lube the o-ring after tho.