iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: beyblades are back!  (Read 21968 times)

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
Re: beyblades are back!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 02:28:00 PM »

At x-mas time, I noticed the new beyblades come in both left and right handed spin configurations as well. 
Erratic Wobbler

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 03:18:51 PM »

they made the launcher so you can re-position it to better use the left hand, but it still only spins one way, the key can only go in one way.

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 03:51:51 PM »

Unlike the spinner rip-cords for the Spintastics and Duncan tops that make the top spin in both directions, The Beyblade launchers do only spin in one direction. Out of the spare Beyblade parts that I did find there was a launcher that makes the blade spin to the left counter-clockwise...

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 09:56:09 PM »

Unlike the spinner rip-cords for the Spintastics and Duncan tops that make the top spin in both directions, The Beyblade launchers do only spin in one direction. Out of the spare Beyblade parts that I did find there was a launcher that makes the blade spin to the left counter-clockwise...
I was at Walmart yesterday and decided to finally get some Beyblades for my collection. I got  the Super Vortex Battle Set that comes with two tops and an arena. These are the smaller new-generation ("Metal Fusion") tops. Interestingly it comes with a "Right" (clockwise) and a "Left" (counterclockwise) top, with the respective launchers. Mark is correct, the ripcords cannot enter the launchers in the opposite direction, And these tops don't fit the opposite spinner. So each top only spins in one direction, regardless of the player being left handed or right handed. From what the box says, right spin is the norm and the lefty top is a "left-spin forbidden bey!"  I also picked another single packaged beyblade but "electronic" version, with lights and sounds. Even though this is also a Metal Fusion it is much larger, probably the size of the original blades. Just by chance, it was also a left-spinning "Lighting L-Drago"!

Amazingly, the small beyblade (35 gr) can beat the much larger electronic beyblade (55 gr). I guess it is because of all the metal rim weight.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 10:19:06 PM by ta0 »

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2011, 06:20:32 PM »

Today I received a red Spintastics Grande Trompo in the mail with a few extra Salvador custom points. ^_^
Yesterday as a Thanksgiving present early Christmas present I also finally decided to get a couple of BeyBlades and stadium arena. ^_^

and No I didn't get out in that black friday madness today... :o
http://www.uncoveror.com/blackfriday.htm

Space

• Humanes,Madrid,Spain
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2011, 06:56:46 AM »

I really like the video, but I do not bleyblades like because you can not do tricks like the spin.
Greetings friends of spin top.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 11:22:10 AM »

This morning when I woke up I found Pablo watching spintop battles on TV!  Well, it was a show on Cartoon Network called Beyblade Metal Masters.  It felt unreal to be watching 10 minutes of pure top battle.  Although the cartoon itself is somewhat boring (they try their best to make it exciting with flashes and sounds, and I guess for young boys it is), I was happy to be watching any kind of tops being featured on TV.

If you want you can watch clips and full episodes on their site.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 03:40:21 PM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 05:19:10 PM »

At the children's museum today (COSI) I cannot tell you how many times people came by and talked about me spinning beyblades.  I came up with a phrase I used over and over.....beyblades have been around 10 years but these tops have been around 10,000 years.

I do not know how accurate I was with this phrase but it felt good to say it!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 06:16:49 PM by Horrendous Hout »
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 11:04:02 AM »

Today I received a red Spintastics Grande Trompo in the mail with a few extra Salvador custom points. ^_^
Yesterday as a Thanksgiving present early Christmas present I also finally decided to get a couple of BeyBlades and stadium arena. ^_^

and No I didn't get out in that black friday madness today... :o
http://www.uncoveror.com/blackfriday.htm

Thanksgiving  I did happen to get the 2 Beyblades and Stadium at Wal-Mart

but yesterday at CVS pharmacy was the last day of their 3 day sale. Buy 1 toy ,Get 1 free.
I did get the last 2 beyblades that CVS had.  early Merry .........
Happy Holidays...

Space

• Humanes,Madrid,Spain
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 05:30:31 PM »

In Spain, there is a radio with handle beyblade think it costs 49.99€ dollars would be roughly 65 U.S. dollars.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2019, 12:42:12 AM »

Nine years later, I heard some talk that my five year old grandson may be getting some beyblades for Christmas!  If so, I may be having some old fashioned fun with these little items.  Of course, the hope is that we can eventually get some people moving away from these and over to peg tops for our festival in Miamisburg.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2019, 12:34:30 AM »

Yes, my grandson did get Beyblades.  The box came with two tops and a very interesting spinning arena that is three levels.  The product is called "Beyblade Burst Evolution SwitchStrike Battle Tower."  I worked on getting the top pieces together while other family members worked on the arena.  It took them nearly a half-hour to put it together.  It was kind of confusing.  Anyways, on one side of the arena two people can battle.  When the arena is flipped over, four people can battle.  I seem to remember Beyblade pieces being interchangeable so you can experiment with different possibilities.  That does not seem to be the case with this Beyblade set.  I need to do some more research.

Mark Leithead

• ITSA
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2019, 07:43:43 PM »

Nice! My nephew is also into Beyblades. Peer influence, not uncle influence, drew him to these fast spinning ripcord-start tops :)

He has the battle arena (1-level). And he's also into the Beyblade Burst battle game app! It's pretty good.

FYI gameplay of app (timestamped):
https://youtu.be/fBlXBeSbUAo?t=58
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 07:48:08 PM by MarkLeithead »