iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: YYF tops availability and design flaw  (Read 9227 times)

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
Re: YYF tops availability and design flaw
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 07:55:30 PM »

Some things are prolly better left unsaid, but I'm gonna say it anyhow...

Bore that hole!

Anorexic Acrobat???

FWIW, I play my acrobats with the YYF aluminium tips (SQ and I got a few from Hans last year at Nats).  I like these better than any of the YYF plastic tips, but lately I've been dreaming of fitting them with Maurizio's steel tips.
Erratic Wobbler

Java

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 11:41:56 AM »

Well, if we're saying stuff probably left unsaid.........
I love YYF. I really do. Not content to stay in their "Boutique Yoyo" niche, they are also making $20 to $30 yoyos that are amazing for their price range.
While modifying and replacing tips in a $10 Ripcord is fun, if I'm going to pay $100 for a toy that fits in the palm of my hand, and has no moving parts, I shouldn't have to change anything about it to get superior performance from it.
Now, if YYF were to make a Velocity/Grind Machine ($20 to $30) class top I would buy them by the dozen..........

Have Fun,
Tom
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:01:56 PM by Java »

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 03:28:04 PM »

I'm with you Java.  I love their stuff.  I can't play yo-yo to save my life, but I have "play" several YYF metals.  I too wish they would consider extending the "FundaMetal" concept or as you suggest the entry level class to spin tops. 

I think for a first attempt at a commercial tops YYF did a terrific job--function and form.  As a group, we are dead set on pushing spin top design further and further toward our "acrobatic" use, with or without the flow of new commercial products.  I think it's cool and inevitable that players can and will still find things to change/improve about our toys.  (it would be nice if they weren't so expensive--maybee we would experiment even more?)  Hopefully our tweaks don't fall on deaf ears.  It's obvious that Mr. Yo cares about player feedback, and I suspect if YYF were to make more tops, they'd be keen to incorporate player feedback too...I hope so.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 04:14:54 PM »

You'd have to ask Hayward exactly what what said, but when Hans saw the S8 he immediately renounced the quality of his own tops.

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 02:46:39 AM »

It's obvious that Mr. Yo cares about player feedback, and I suspect if YYF were to make more tops, they'd be keen to incorporate player feedback too...I hope so.

I care because I'm not a greath player (i can boomerang but no much more) and I can only sense how the top i made is working. I need feedback because i make the things i like, but i don't know if are the same for other people; i need feedback because my projects must be canalized and with your help i need less time and money to reach the goal :-)

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 02:48:16 AM »

You'd have to ask Hayward exactly what what said, but when Hans saw the S8 he immediately renounced the quality of his own tops.

This embarrass me

Tomymoonly

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 03:19:34 PM »

What the hell? still nothing i m waiting to gave them 250 bucks and it's still not open -_' :'(

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 03:33:33 PM »

Actually, I think they want dollars ($'s) not those large things with antlers.
Sorry, I couldn't resist  :-[

I am sure they are working as hard and as fast as they can to give us the opportunity to hand our money over to them.

We just need to be patient.

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 03:40:28 PM »

Maybe they are waiting some more exciting tops to sell...

Tomymoonly

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 03:46:26 PM »

they should not... if they put first only the yyf they ll sell them all... if they put something better or balance and cheaper... yyf won't sell as good...