iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Vote for best spinning top photo of the year!

Author Topic: This just in...  (Read 3088 times)

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
This just in...
« on: August 16, 2009, 12:00:22 AM »

It was a bit difficult to hear but it looks like these are the freestyle results:

Fixed division:      1st) Jorge  2nd) Mike   3rd) Felix
Bearing division:   1st) Felix   2nd) Mike   3rd) Jorge

A big congratulations to our boys!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 10:19:06 AM by ta0 »

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
Big Congrats!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 01:02:43 AM »

Been waiting to hear the results.  Looking forward to seeing some video.

Cheers!
Erratic Wobbler

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
Re: This just in...
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 02:47:24 AM »

salut la compagnie !
 i saw it all live
fix tip : it was Jorge (by far..)
bearing tip : felix did great and mike played for the show : on stilts , playing 2 tops variations
bravo , bravo !!

i only hope that next year will see gerardo, salvador,henrique,our dear friends from old europe and from everywhere else enter the WORLD   ::) ::) spintop contest

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 01:49:52 PM »

Congratulations. I want to see the video as quick as possible.

Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

jeffs

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 02:28:23 PM »

I got to the live feed in time to see only the last 4 (were there more?) of the bearing freestyles. It was certainly tightly contested among the top 3, and I can imagine that the judges had a hard time arriving at the final ranking. Great job, everybody!! We need to get Mike one of those thingies they use for grabbing cans off of high shelves so he can reach the floor to pick up his tops.

During most of the top ladder the cameraman preferred to focus on other happenings around the room, like people ambling in and out of the main entry and a hot-shot who insisted on practicing his 1-A on stage while the ladder was in progress. Don't know what happened there.

One of the better side shows in progress was the chat room that featured our own mild-mannered Spin Queen harassing teenagers from around the world. Well, they were pretty irreverent about tops, so it was no more than they deserved.

Any chance of ever seeing the actual numerical results of the top competition, including the ladder? Alan, are you da man?
Jeff Smith, Kalamazoo, MI

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 05:30:00 PM »

Ha ha, so you caught me in the chat room huh?  I'm now friends with one of those guys on facebook.  What fun that was.  I'd never been in a live chat room before.  It cracked me up every time someone would get a time out.  The slow camera feed moments were the best for conversation.  When there was a lot going on on stage, sometimes there were so many conversations going on at once, it was hard to follow along.  Jeff, I too saw the live feed of the spin-top ladder...I just so happened to get an e-mail about the live feed just before then.  I was sorry to find out that the ladder was after the freestyle this year, but I found the video link to go back and watch the stuff I had missed.  I thought that perhaps different groups were being judged at the same time as the spin-top ladder...perhaps a yo-yo ladder.  I thought that might explain why the non spin-toppers were on stage.  I've been texting w/Mike the last two days.  Jorge won the Corkscrew contest with 11 wraps.  Mile also mentioned that they had a light bulb spinning contest ...  I wonder if they all had dark hotel rooms after that ;)  Mike had Chipotle for lunch today....So, what's new ;)  I'm really sorry I was unable to make Worlds this year, but I'm thankful that the live feed and text messages enabled me to still be a part of it in some way.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 03:49:20 AM »

hello catherine
same thing happened to me on another streaming web site
i had never done that before watching the contest , with my webcam on in a small window and playing tricks with kids in bulgaria and in brazil, they would show their cat , dog , rat totally crazy....i would sometimes make a 360 of my study with long stops on wood tops memorabilia and things...it was a blast!

jim