iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Regeneration question  (Read 7451 times)

pplgrande

• Superhero member
Regeneration question
« on: August 07, 2010, 03:26:36 AM »

So I been practicing and learning how to regenetare, I been using my Jumbo with Salvator's modded tip, witch makes it alot easier than any of the other trompos i have, Im not sure If I have it down or not, my record right now its 25 regens and back to my hand still spinning, I been trying roller coaster to lasso
My question is I been trying to regen my Watts 4' trompo, and im not able to do it as much, should I use a different, maybe tinner string?
It's really hard to find string around here, cotton just impossible, im wondering what material i should use
thanks

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Regeneration question
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 08:52:30 AM »

25? Welcome to the regeneration club! It used to be a quite small (exclusive  :P ) club but I am very glad there are more and more players that can regenerate.

If your Watts has his standard tip (and not an odd tip like the oversized on my 5") it should be easier to regenerate than any small top, even with Salvador's tip.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 10:17:37 AM »

What makes regenerating a 4" top so different is playing with rope instead of string.  I don't think you need a thinner string, I think you need shorter string.  I know Watts searches near and far for good string for his tops, and the string I got with both my 4" is pretty good - it is window sash chord that you can get it at your local hardware store.  I use some stuff that I found at *sigh* WalMart, it's actually sold as clothesline, but it is much lighter than sash chord and I like that.  You need to get something so that you can experiment with length - you want the rope short.  Long rope is very difficult to manage and will thrash your face!  I try to keep the length no longer than my wingspan (finger tip to finger tip).

In the hardware store you will see other ropes, DO NOT TRY POLYPROPYLENE ROPE.

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 03:31:29 AM »

25? Welcome to the regeneration club! It used to be a quite small (exclusive  :P ) club but I am very glad there are more and more players that can regenerate.
I appretiate that ta0, Im looking forward to trying other regen tricks

What makes regenerating a 4" top so different is playing with rope instead of string.  I don't think you need a thinner string, I think you need shorter string.  I know Watts searches near and far for good string for his tops, and the string I got with both my 4" is pretty good - it is window sash chord that you can get it at your local hardware store.  I use some stuff that I found at *sigh* WalMart, it's actually sold as clothesline, but it is much lighter than sash chord and I like that.  You need to get something so that you can experiment with length - you want the rope short.  Long rope is very difficult to manage and will thrash your face!  I try to keep the length no longer than my wingspan (finger tip to finger tip).
Its odd you say that from finger tip to finger tip, my rope that came with my Watts trompo its very very nice, and the lenght i use is from finger tip to finger tip already, I seen the "clotheline" before, but i thought it might be to tin, Im going to go get one and experiment
Thanks for the help

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 11:43:12 AM »

This is the stuff I got.  I got it because the couple pictured on it look so happy.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:47:27 AM by Neff »

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 12:08:22 PM »

25 is awesome--you're killing it!

I like to play my 4" Watts with really thick cotton string.  I found it here: http://twevans.com/products.asp?cat=37. I believe I used the #60, but the #72 sounds good too.  I ordered from these guys by phone and had no hassle's.
Erratic Wobbler

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 08:20:49 PM »

I appretiate that you alll

Tomymoonly

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 08:25:29 PM »

This is the stuff I got.  I got it because the couple pictured on it look so happy.

haha it's a fake, did you already saw a man spreading the washing cloth on a string? if yes, did you saw one looking happy and doing it with his partners? damned that is liying publicity, that doesn't work, i already try, and always my GF say, "do it alone you don't need me" ><

I think You got scammed Chris ^^

topper777

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 05:26:19 PM »

which bundle of rope will fit the strumolo8? i saw the website where you can buy bulk and i am interested.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 06:20:03 PM »

The string that should come with the S8 will be better than this stuff--I'd wait and try it first...

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 11:27:18 PM »

The string that comes with the S8 tops is very good, very similar to Spintastc's "small" string.

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 07:04:30 PM »

25 is awesome--you're killing it!

I like to play my 4" Watts with really thick cotton string.  I found it here: http://twevans.com/products.asp?cat=37. I believe I used the #60, but the #72 sounds good too.  I ordered from these guys by phone and had no hassle's.

Linkage appears to be in a state of no worky. Do you remember what it was called?

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 07:57:38 PM »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 10:14:29 PM »

I was just thinking of the guy who started this thread.  Anyone heard from pplgrande lately?
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 10:23:41 PM »

I was thinking about him too. I hope he is doing well and still spinning trompo with Bucsfan.
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up