iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Battling in San Antonio  (Read 2520 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Battling in San Antonio
« on: August 01, 2010, 05:19:47 PM »

Today I got together at a park with Albert(o), a.k.a. beto210 on this board, and his three cousins (Bob, Brian, ?). Brian has played battle tops since he was a kid in Mexico while Alberto started throwing again recently and the other two learned from them. It seems the extended family gets together for large top battles.

We did some batting today, and wow, do they have aim and force in their throws! Albert brought two tops he had bough from me that were missing completely the upper circle of the crown, blown by dead on hits. It was painful to see them battling brand new tops, specially the cobras they got today. But on the other hand, it felt authentic, the way it is generally played in Mexico. They are taping the tops to withstand more abuse, but hey generally play on concrete!  :o  They throw down full force, with follow through, Brain tip up but turning the hand 90 degrees at the last moment, the rest tip down. I would say they hit the top 2/3 of the time (if you miss or the top doesn't spin you become the next chump).

Brian already has a strong boomerang and knows some tricks. Albert is doing MGR but still needs to work on the boomerang, as well as his other cousins. I guess they will be learning a lot of tricks while I hone my battling skills. Watch out at the next Ultimate Battle Top of the Universe!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 05:21:45 PM by ta0 »

Greaves504

• Gold Member
Re: Battling in San Antonio
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 10:29:05 PM »

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 10:44:41 PM »

Great!!!  Someone for you to throw tops with in San Antonio!  I am happy for you, Jorge.

Go beto210!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 01:55:14 AM »

Thats great, battle tops, so many good memories