iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Filary coming to Worlds!  (Read 3108 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Filary coming to Worlds!
« on: August 07, 2009, 12:42:41 PM »

Dale Oliver just told me he is bringing Ken Filary to worlds! I believe he is the one who appears in the photographs of the Duncan official spintop trick book from 1963.

More info about Ken: Bob Rule's page on Filary

This is as scan of the regen tricks on the book.

So, bring your books to get them signed!

From Greg's Worlds email, it seems there will be other "celebrities" around. The other convention in the hotel this year is the Sunburst Convention of Celebrity Tribute Artists (impersonators)!

Oh, and CNN will be shooting video at Lucky's BBQ! You should bring your bowling balls, Mike!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:45:38 PM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: Filary coming to Worlds!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 04:24:12 PM »

Thanks for the updates, Jorge.  I haven't had my bowling balls out for a while but I probably could put them in the truck with my other junk.  I just got word that a long time member of our parish died.  I still should be able to attend worlds but I might not get out of town as quickly as I hoped.  We'll see!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

agentsac

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 07:33:35 PM »

Excellent! I hope to meet some of the "old school" spinners while at worlds this year. I don't have a book as old as that one to get signed but I'll settle for a "grip and grin" for the camera.

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 09:08:13 PM »

Guau! magnific! It `s marvelous to see that couple of pictures. It`s sth good to know that He `s still alive, and He will be in World`s Top. I guees that you must mmm..homenajearlo, and at least, to give him an ..reconocimiento....sth..like...acknowledgements...in public.
All of us, We must recognize that people like him, they put in ground the first seeds of the new age of the spinning top.During milenniums, the top was known and played by many cultures and civilizations. But only in the 20`th century after Christ, it was when the real new age of top was born.

Thank`s to men like Fillary, the top started to develop to levels never before dreamed by the ancient people.
You must do the same with Oliver and the people of that generation there in USA
I think that all you, pleyers of USA, if he is in the next World`s, you must give to him a ...recognaissance? Un reconocimiento, by his labour, his trayectory, the aportation he gave to the art of top. I hope at least one of you film him and post one video from him, interviewing him,  ..thus...We can write some comment in that video when is available...
even, if he has no money to travel until Florida, you must do a coperation amomg of all you,..because I guess that a player like him deserves the ovation of the people that admires him.
A lot of thanks Ta0, for these pictures and I hope you can talk with Fillary
by the way..another concidence...

Fillary is very similar, in spelling and sound, to the spanish word...hilar..
 Like if his name by itself means "hilador" that in spanish means (persons who
 handles strings"...simple coincidence?

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 09:51:29 PM »

another coincidence ta0...I went to see the page of Bob Rule..and while I was reading and seeing the photo of Fillary....it came to my mind...

this wave of players came from Detroit....it isn`t?
 according with the...analiys of spintop words....

D      E      T      R      O      I       T

T      R       O             T

IN ITALIAN TOP =   T     R     O              T     O  L   L  A                 

So, we can find     Detroit   sth like ...De trotolla

Detroit it sounds  and  too very similar in spelling, to...De trotolla

so....it becomes to means sht like....

Detroit...=    De trotola....=  De trompo....=   Of top       

Is it a very simple coincidence that the new wave of players that starts the new age of spinning top came from a city which name is completly relationated with one of the words used to say trompo?

Nothing in life is casuality, but causality.