iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Different spintops  (Read 3720 times)

pplgrande

• Superhero member
Different spintops
« on: May 29, 2010, 04:02:10 AM »

What up you all
Where do you all get your spintops from
I keep reading about all this different spintops (acrobat, topdog, hollow point, etc....)
Where do you get all those different trompos from, I been doing alot of research, and it seems like the HP and QS are out of stock, but all the other ones, the only reason I know they excist is because i read about them, are they all out of stock? and where do you all get them from
Im always interested in getting some new trompos, but i have no idea where to get them from

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: Different spintops
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 04:38:25 AM »

I get a lot of tops from spintastics.  Check out their website at spintastics.com. I just made an order this week and Dale said he's still working on getting more Quicksilvers with a plastic top.......so there is hope for some of those in the future!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 05:04:10 AM »

Yeah I like spintastics, very nice trompos
Im still waiting on the new "tornado" to come out, Dale said he is gonna replace the blizzard with the tornado, to fix the point falling out problem, I cant wait

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 09:32:22 AM »

The Topdog, Gates, Bulldog and Chihuahua are Yoyojam tops out of production for many years. The hope (wish) is that YYJ will start producing some tops again (probably the Gates) including the big laminated wood prototype Jon Gates has been playing with.

The Throwback and the Acrobat are limited-production aluminum tops from Yoyofactory. They are still available directly from them, at $100 a piece ($150 the Throwback on a display case).

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 04:41:16 AM »

Thats great, and thanks for the info, I really hope they start making more trompos in the future
I just got my tickets for Worlds, cant wait to see what they gonna be selling there, now all I can hope is that I can get the time off from work

The Throwback and the Acrobat are limited-production aluminum tops from Yoyofactory. They are still available directly from them, at $100 a piece ($150 the Throwback on a display case).

I think is time to save some money

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 02:32:49 PM »

Yeah, you should be able to shoot Yoyofactory and e-mail and get the tops directly from them....in fact, that is the only place to get them, aside from buying one off a player.  They are wonderful quality and great players....almost too pretty to play with.  Mine only get played with over grass or carpet.  I don't regret dishing out the $$ for any of them but I'm also apprehensive about playing with them as daily players.  That goes double for the YoyoJams as the tips are extremely fragile. 

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 02:57:31 AM »

I appretiate that SpinQueen, i was thinking on investing in some great quality trompos, but the fact that the tips are fragile is defenetly good to know, im not really that consistent on my play therefore I drop my trompos alot, playing with a fragile and expensive trompo might not be a good idea for me, im used to playing with plastic tops but im very interested in expanding my trompo play to wood tops
I been reading alot on Alan Gray and Watts tops and im defenetly interested on their trompos, but since i never held one in my hands before, i have no idea what to expect or get, im not even sure if they are bearing tops, or how big or heavy they are, im going to have to keep doing some research
Thanks everybody for your help

MatiasStuntMan

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 02:07:03 PM »

a 4" Watts' is a great Top to play with, a wood Top is defenetelly a different experience compared with a plastic Top, but is very fun too, is like old school vs. new school