iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tips for orbits  (Read 139 times)

Neu

• Newsletter26
Tips for orbits
« on: May 08, 2024, 01:43:54 AM »

Hello,
I am having a really hard time with orbits. It's like I am going through the motions, but I can't regenerate enough force to keep the top spinning. I saw one vid from this youtube channel called "FieryPeonzas," and he was able to regenerate the top for 3 minutes with orbits. When does the top begin to regenerate the most speed? When the top travels from my left to my right arm, I notice a decrease in speed.

I am using 3.9 inch tops, and they are about 215-230 gr.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
Re: Tips for orbits
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 02:27:27 AM »

HOWDIE AND WELCOME

try this tuto in slo mo

good day
jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 11:08:36 AM »

That's a good video that Jim posted.

When I do the trick with Giulia with a one-way bearing (much easier to regen), you can hear the top getting quiet when it's regenerating and noisy when it doesn't. If you divide the trick into 4 sections, it regens when you pull up towards the left hand and also when the top goes over the right hand (I'm right handed), while it doesn't regen in the other two sections in between those.

Orbits regenerate very little so it's a difficult trick. That's why I don't recommend it. Instead, I recommend learning half-orbits over the right hand. Although the movement may seem more complicated, they regen more so they are easier to learn, in addition to being more showy.

Neu

• Newsletter26
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 09:21:26 PM »

Thank you for the vid! I guess I will focus half orbits first. I am just disappointed that I spent so much time on learning that trick, and it didn't go anywhere. Meanwhile, I spent a fraction of the time on suns and mini suns, and I managed to do 4-5 suns in a row and just landed a couple of mini suns a few days ago. Is there a list of somewhat easy regen tricks? Unlike yoyo, I feel a little bit lost. Right now, I am comfortable with sewing machine, drumbeat, roller coaster, joker choker, and dairy cow.