iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Top Battle at yoyo nats 2023  (Read 304 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Top Battle at yoyo nats 2023
« on: July 03, 2023, 01:40:51 AM »

The US Yo-yo nats took place this weekend in Mesa, Arizona. Although the top contest has separated from the yo-yo contest, there was still top action, with a late night spintop battle. Most of it was posted in an instagram video that you can watch here:

It brought me many memories of battles at US nats and worlds, generally after the contest was over. Lot's of all timers there. Who can name everybody on this screen save:

A better photo of the guy in the back:

I'm very happy that Dale attended. He looks great! He seemed to be just an observer, but Val was an active player. Others battling tops were Dazzling Dave, Jon Gates, André Boulay, Bozung, Boisblanc and even Evan Nagao, while Dr. Lucky took photos.

The rules of the battle are the ones used in Mark Hayward's Ultimate Battletop Championship of the Universe. Personally, I think they can be a little boring for spectators and I prefer battles on a platform or at least without the long spin duration part.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 12:12:29 PM by ta0 »

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Top Battle at yoyo nats 2023
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 09:17:18 AM »

Fun!  This makes me even more look forward to Miamisburg and seeing top friends.