iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Linked Events

• Miamisburg Festival: August 26, 2023

Author Topic: Miamisburg 2023  (Read 6067 times)

Jun

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
Re: Miamisburg 2023
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2023, 08:02:37 AM »

I had a wondeful day with Mike yesterday. I can fell American stuffes.

I’ve just finished editing and uploading the video of my first day.
https://youtu.be/ueoMaHS2cek?si=2VcYVB2jZVf95W8l
Unfortunaltly, I dindn’t have enough tinme and energy to make subtitle in English but I’m sure that you can feel it is long trip and enjoy it.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2023, 09:45:18 AM »

An extra large serving of Americana!  ;D

Ha! On the video it seems that you are boarding by the First Class sign and then you sit in the middle seat!  ::) Good that the plane stopped in Hawaii: crossing the Pacific it's a long flight. That hamburger looked really big! It was funny to hear Mike's voice before seeing him. I look forward to the next episodes.

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2023, 12:27:08 PM »

I’m on my way down! I’m hoping to be there around 7pm fingers crossed

It looks like you guys have already used up all the fun already! :P
Kidding of course, I’m really excited to see everybody again!  8)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2023, 05:51:30 PM »

Friday is a little bit bigger day than normal here at the Burg Fest!!!

« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 04:29:44 AM by ta0 »
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Jun

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2023, 03:19:08 AM »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2023, 04:40:48 AM »

Wow! A BIG Friday, in more than one sense! I'm so happy many came a day early.

Paul's tops are amazing and the way Eli could do suns was impressive!

Watching Jim unload his stuff is like being in the most weird toy store!

Have a great contest and festival today!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2023, 03:14:18 PM »

Thanks.  All is going well.  We were supposed to have rain early this morning but it missed us.  That meant the grass was dry for the start of the fest.  Yippee!!!  We had a lot of great spinning interaction until noon and then we had the competition.  I set records for the smallest top used at nationals (worlds?) and then Paul Stewart set records for the largest top used at nationals (worlds).  Mark Liethead and Jun Shimamura competed in the open division followed by Kirk Charles, Austen Hickerson, Marcus Heineck and Mark Hayward.  When the dust settled, Jun was the open champion followed by Mark.  Marcus is the new national champion with Mark Hayward second and Austen third.  It was a good competition with lots of fun involved.  The kids are coming at 5:00 and we head to Bullwinkle’s for dinner at 7:30.  It is, indeed, a wonderful whirled!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2023, 06:59:56 AM »

Thanks Mike for organizing and hosting another successful festival and nationals.

Congratulations to the winners and everybody else who performed. The main thing is having fun and it seems you had a ton!

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2023, 07:42:04 AM »

Work and family obligations made it impossible to attend this year. It looks like it was another successful gathering!

Jun

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2023, 02:30:59 PM »

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2023, 08:06:27 PM »

Thanks Mike for hosting another great gathering.  Thanks also to everyone that attended.  It was great to see many of the "regulars" and great to meet a couple of first timers.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2023, 02:39:48 AM »

dear Mike dear all

Bravo and Congratulations for the Whirled Top Festival
and the organization of the NATIONAL CONTEST
it"s great to see the group of regulars in action, and the variety of activities,
Paul's  big tops , koma-kendama, the visit to the Top Hall of fame, the stage performances and so on
the only regret one could have is that you didn't have access to the public park facilities
 no public , it's too bad for such a great venue and top class bill ! :-)
have a smooth day off to relax and talk to st Jacob

hugh !
jim

ps : did you do the music gig ?
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2023, 05:45:30 AM »

I hope Paul continues to come to the festival: his giant tops fit right in. I doubt he will find anywhere else a group of players who can play them!

Love Jun's video blog. Culture shock?
I was worry he would suffer from jet lag, but it seems he hit all his big tricks.
By the way, I showed the online competition videos to my mom and sister and they are convinced that Jun should have won!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2023, 12:30:18 PM »

Many thanks for the kind words of thanks.  It was a very special weekend.  We had a wonderful variety of people and the conversations were tremendous.  I loved being a part of it all.  Of course, the spinning was pretty phenomenal, too!!!  Sadly, we did not have a great turnout of youth for battle tops.  We will work on that for our 25th anniversary next year.  A finished park will most certainly help.  The young ones who came still had a great time and are sharing their positive experiences with their friends.  Bullwinkle’s Top Hat Bistro was wonderful to us and gave us a nice upstairs room to stretch out and eat.  The weather cooled some but it was still pretty warm for the Hall of Fame visit so people did not stay as long as in some other years.  Sunday morning was great with our top themed worship service.  Jim Neff was hilarious for the children’s sermon and we had a number of people up and spinning for the last verse of our last hymn “we are spinning in the light of God.”  A highlight for our noon service was the Spin Top Band.  They led the entire worship led by Mark Leithead on guitar, Jun Shimamura on rhythm box and Mike Hout on guitar.  We think that is the first of its kind!!!

paulstewart

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2023, 03:26:38 PM »

A huge thanks to Mike for hosting the Tops Festival, I had a great time.  I especially appreciate those who tried their skills with my special tops.  The Big Tops are a large investment of time and resources for me and I can't do that with out the support of those who purchase tops, so a very special thanks to those who contribute.  If you missed a chance to purchase a top, any time is a good time to purchase a handmade top.  It shows support for the Big Tops Project and says you'd like to see more.  I can't do this without your help.  If you enjoyed using my tops in your social media post, don't forget to tag me @paulsriver credit the maker, Paul Stewart. Thanks so much! 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 03:37:45 PM by paulstewart »
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up