iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Linked Events

• Miamisburg Festival: August 26, 2023

Author Topic: Miamisburg 2023  (Read 6076 times)

johnm

• Ultrahero member
Re: Miamisburg 2023
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2023, 06:33:27 PM »

I'll be there!

MarkHayward

• ITSA
    • www.markhayward.net
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2023, 01:48:29 PM »

It's shaping up to be a great gathering! My gig in Chicago Saturday night got pushed back an hour, so I can stay on Saturday until about 1:30 now. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2023, 08:21:32 AM »

Yes, it is shaping up nicely.  It is hot right now but it is supposed to cool down on Saturday.  Jim Neff and Eli Hickerson have kindly volunteered to be judges for nationals at noon.  Jun and Mark L. are in the open division as they are not from the U.S.  Mark Hayward is bringing the national championship trophy and will compete with Texture (Marcus), Paul Stewart (big tops) and myself.  I am hoping Austin and Kirk consider competing again.  Maybe even John Buechele?  We have a woman who is great with origami and she will be here making and showing others how to make paper tops.  She is also very good with Japanese and is very excited to communicate with Jun.  My wife Dawn says she will be happy to get a food tray for Saturday lunch.  That way we can all stay together a bit more.  She will also pick up two big cases of water.  And of course, we will want to be sure to head to Bullwinkle’s Top Hat Bistro for our evening meal after the youth battle from 5-7.  Eli and Vanna White love those ribs!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Mark Leithead

• ITSA
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2023, 10:45:33 AM »

Great to hear Mike, and also nice to see John Markus, the Hickersons, Kirk, Marcus, Mark Hayward (defending the National Championship in person), John Buechele, Jay and Paul Stewart and many others will be there too. And Jun from Japan!

Looking forward to it  :D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 08:00:50 PM by Mark Leithead »

Jun

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2023, 01:17:53 AM »

I just left my home! I look forward to meeting you all! I’v made a new routine for the open division.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2023, 08:05:06 AM »

Have a great trip, Jun! It will be a unique experience. It's for me each time I go and I'm living in the US!

I hope we get great reports from those who attend.

Jay

• ITSA Jr.
    • Miamisburg Whirled Festival of Tops
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2023, 08:05:28 AM »

Looks like another great year at TOPS.  I plan on being there with the camera in hand :)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2023, 09:36:58 PM »

Yippee!!!  It is so great to have Jay on board again.  John Buechele said he is not interested in competing right now but would be willing to help judge!  I did a full slate of juggling songs tonight at open mic.  There was boogie woogie in honor of Jim in Paris.  There was rocket man in honor of Jun in flight.  Wild Whirled by Cat Stevens and Wonderful Whirled by Louis Armstrong (note the world spelling), I’m a regular spinning top, Happiness runs in a circular motion and I juggled three green glow in the dark balls from Wes Peden.

Jun

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2023, 07:55:47 AM »

I just arrived Chicago-OHare airport! I can’t wait to see you😊

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2023, 08:10:31 AM »

Glad to hear you have made it that far.  It is storming and raining like crazy here in Miamisburg!!!  That caught me by surprise.  It is still expected to be 99 this afternoon.  Friday will also be hot but at least dry and the weather will cool off a bit on Saturday.  One new thing is that there is a chance of rain on Saturday.  We will see.  Safe final travels and see you at 11:05 at the Dayton airport.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2023, 08:15:38 AM »

Welcome to the US, Jun!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2023, 11:36:57 PM »

I had a great day with Jun.  We ate a big American hamburger.  We had a giant American ice cream cone.  We had a good American tour of the Top Hall of Fame.  We had a good American visit around Miamisburg which included meeting the mayor.  We made a terrific American trip to see John Markus and his amazing workshop spaces.  We saw some good American yellow school buses.  What other great American thing could we have done?  Wait, we picked up some good American medals to give out at the U.S. Nationals.  What a great day.  I am tired.  I need some good American sleep!!!

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2023, 12:08:48 AM »

Wow!!! What a GREAT BIG Pre-Festival Day!  :)

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2023, 02:10:38 AM »

hi Mike and all
pretty cool tour with the stop at UC and a shake-hand with the Mayor !!
I had a good laugh reading  your fantastic/sarcastic AMERICAN report
great sense of humour , a gentle slap to those Jingoists  :)

have fun and enjoy every moment ;D ;D ;D

jealous-jim

"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2023, 06:45:29 AM »

Ha ha, Jim.  I had to look up jingoist!!!  Actually, we talked a lot about Japan also.  We have many differences yet many similarities which makes for fascinating discussions.  Jun is amazing with his English.  As we drove down to Cincinnati I put on some music and asked him if he knew Elton John.  He quickly replied “Yes!  My mom really likes him.”  It turns out that his mom plays the piano.  I was excited to hear about that.  I happened to put in Google images “Miamisburg spin tops” and the first thing that showed up was this picture of me with all the great gifts for a festival from Larry D.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up