iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Linked Events

• Miamisburg Festival: August 26, 2023

Author Topic: Miamisburg 2023  (Read 6088 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: Miamisburg 2023
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2023, 09:35:12 PM »

Many thanks to Canadian Mark Leitead.  His commitment to freestyle last year gave us the push we needed to get the U.S.Nationals going.  We are thankful for our international guests and hope Mark L. will freestyle again and maybe even Jun!!!  I talked with Mark Hayward at the big IJA juggling festival and he said he would compete this year but he has to leave early.  Can we get this competition going by noon so  Mark can be a part of it?  He said he will be here on Friday with the giant top trophy.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 09:38:07 PM by the Earl of Whirl »
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2023, 09:43:30 PM »

I believe we have the potential of a really fine group of top spinners and a very exciting competition.  I have talked to a number of people and we could easily have the best event since Covid and maybe one of our best gatherings ever.

kevinm

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2023, 09:54:39 AM »

Is there going to be a site with more schedule details?
I may be able to to a Saturday visit but it is somewhat of a long shot right now.

Mark Leithead

• ITSA
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2023, 08:56:14 PM »

Thanks Mike, too kind! Especially among the talented Mark Hayward, Austen, Kirk, and yourself.

It'd be awesome if Jun were there too!!

They did let me compete as an international 'open' contestant the two years I went to Miamisburg, so I hope we can continue the tradition this year.

I am planning to be there this year again  :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 01:17:49 PM by Mark Leithead »

Jun

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2023, 03:44:18 AM »

I've got a financial support from my university to compete the open division of the nats! Would it be possible for someone to help me with my stay and move? I will buy my airplane ticket. I will arrive at Dayton International airport at 23rd, 24th or 25th. I will leave the US at 28th.

Is the rule of the competition available? Please let me know it.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2023, 09:31:23 AM »

Well, that sounds very exciting.  Yes, I will be happy to work with you and make sure your needs are met.    We will be happy to host you and you will join a long line of great spinners who have stayed with us including Don Olney, Dale Oliver, Ta0, Chris Neff, Mark Hayward, Cuper, Daveid, Alan Gray, Kirk….who have I missed?  This is a list off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 07:49:49 PM by the Earl of Whirl »

Mark Leithead

• ITSA
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2023, 10:47:41 AM »

Amazing!!!   :D

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2023, 07:51:53 PM »

Ha ha!!!  I see I accidentally typed JIM Neff instead of CHRIS Neff.  I changed it as Jim has always stayed in a hotel.  I have stayed at his house but he has not stayed at mine.  Jugglers who have stayed at my house includes Bob Nickerson and Albert Lucas.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2023, 09:17:21 AM »

Wow! Fantastic!
I wish I could go. It looks like a special year to participate.

Jun: you'll get to experience small town USA. You'll meet a bunch of very special people.

The competition rules will be the same as for the online Open contest.

Jun

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2023, 02:13:43 AM »

Thank you the Earl of Whirl! I look forward to meet you and talk a lot about spinning top!
Tomorrow I will buy my plane ticket.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 11:31:03 AM by Jun »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2023, 04:36:33 PM »

I look forward to being your host, Jun.  There are a lot of people excited about meeting you.  The list of spinners who have stayed with us was missing Rachel, Kirk’s better half.  Sorry to forget you name, Rachel!!!  Also, I seem to have missed another one.  Multi-world champ Matt Ritter.  He stayed and played guitar at our noon Sunday service after the festival.  Maybe Jun plays an instrument and can join us for some music?

I have not heard from johnm recently or the Hickersons.  Marcus Perry from Louisville is coming but I do not know about Marcus from Wisconsin.  John Buechele has us on his schedule.  paulstewart was trying to get to Miamisburg but I have not heard a definite confirmation yet.  Jim Neff is counting the days!!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 04:39:37 PM by the Earl of Whirl »

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2023, 11:22:27 PM »

I’m 100% going! Very excited  :D

Jun

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2023, 12:11:32 AM »

I’ve bought my airplane ticket! The expected arrival time is 11:05, Aug 24th at DAY! Could you pick me up?
I can play some percussion instrumental!
I’m so happy to hear that Texture is coming!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2023, 03:39:08 PM »

Guess what?  I have missed another person on my list of those who have stayed with us for our festival.  How could I miss Larry D?  I'm not sure how I did it but I did.  He has been a great friend of our fest and has brought so many smiles to the young ones who have attended thanks to his fun spinning gifts.  Sorry Larry!!! 

So glad to hear Jun's ticket has been purchased.  We will give him a royal Miamisburg welcome.  I have your arrival time in my datebook and look forward to picking you up at the Dayton Airport.  Out of curiosity, how is your English?  My Japanese is pretty terrible!!!

I am so happy to hear about Texture and his 100%.  Thanks for letting us know.  I am sure a lot of people will be even more interested in attending knowing that you will be here.

I got a big smile reading that Jun plays percussion.  We have just the instrument for him for the noon service on Sunday!!!  Seems like we have the makings of a whip top band with Texture on the piano and me on guitar or piano along with some others (where is butterfingers and mailman with their ukeleles when you need them).

Jun

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2023, 06:59:51 AM »

Thank you so much! I look forward the time in your car :)
I think I can speak English as long as we talk without difficult words. I've helped Japanese player with the registration and something of the world contest. I will do it at the world contest on December.

My return flight is 9:30, Aug 28 at DAY! I hope that I can meet a lot of wonderful people in Miamisburg! I practice hard to show what I want and win the open division 8)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up