iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2022 ITSA Online World Contest  (Read 6242 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: 2022 ITSA Online World Contest
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2022, 10:29:11 AM »

The total scores of every player are here: https://spintops.org/2022-world-results/

ok estan los puntos  efectivos  pero los  positivos  y negativos que son los que dan el resultado final efectivo   y en que estan  basados    como se   obtiene  una  calificaccion positiva  como  obtienes  la  negativa

se podria ver la transparencia de los jueces   imparcial ???   nos  podran mostrar sus carecteriscas para evaluar ???  por ejemplo     yo  como podria  saber  mi   calificacion en 2016  para poder comparar con la de taka  y la  de neef  quiero  me ayudes  a disolver mi ignorancia   por favor
The scoring has changed since 2016. We no longer give negative scores for winding or dropping the top. All points are positive.

If you want to have a big score the best approach it to show a large variety of distinct tricks: each time a judge sees a different trick, he/she is forced to give it at least 1 point (or more points, depending on the difficulty.) On the other hand, when you repeat a trick it may get a lower score or no score at all. With the current level of play, the basic regeneration to keep the top going during a routine, which are roller coasters (lazadas) in most routines, may only score a few points at the beginning of the routine (that's a big handicap for how chonkakegoma is traditionally played). And try to make the tricks distinct and big: if the variations are small and too technical the judges might not differentiate them.

The perceived difficulty of the tricks changes with time. When Takeshi first tried (and Eli succeeded) with a behind the back whip on stage, it got the maximum score from me, with a full difficulty bonus. But now (at least on the video format) it's a trick done by many players (even 11 year old Nobu) so, although I still score it as a very difficult trick, I don't give it the same extra bonus.

For originality, it's not necessary for me that a trick is the first time I see it. If I know that that particular player has recently invented the trick I would still give him/her the originality bonus. In fact, it's better that the player posts the trick before the freestyle so it's easier to recognize and score.

On the open division, the technical score is 85% and the performance/presentation score is only 15%. But this can become important when scores are tight. For example, this year Kanta got the highest performance score from 7 judges and 2nd highest from the other one, while Marcus only got a couple of ties for 3rd highest performance score. Of course, for traditional, where the scores are 70% and 30%, the performance score is much more important.

As a judge, my main concern is that we choose correctly the first place. For video submissions, where I can score the routines more than once, I concentrate on the top routines which I score multiple times. This year Kanta was scored 1st by six judges and 2nd by the other two judges, so I'm confident that we chose the correct winner and as a chief judge that's what I care about. As you go down the list, if somebody got place number 12 or 16 is less important. For this reason, I reviewed all the routines and selected about half that had any chance of being competitive to place somewhere in the first third: those routines were scored by all the judges. The rest were scored by just 3 or 2 judges each, so their scores are probably not very consistent.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 06:02:59 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2022, 10:55:52 AM »

In Traditional, Xisco was again 4th, almost getting into the podium. Of course, he did his signature trick Aborigen, with some nice variations, and spun the biggest top in the competition:

Kibou Okada did the perfect Chokakegoma routine. Although it was completely in the traditional style it showed some tricks I had not seen before and was really dynamic:

Now that young koma players have picked up chonkakegoma, I expect it to evolve in new directions and have fewer regens between tricks.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 05:59:11 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Rocco on the newspaper
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2022, 05:17:01 PM »

A newspaper article about Rocco's 6th place at the world contest:

The title says: "The top spinner from Avolasca enchants Texas with his performance in sixth place in the world"
I was really surprised to see Texas on the title and my name on it! (Rocco mentioned to the journalist that he received the news of his placement from me).

I love it when somebody leverages his/her participation in the world contest to get useful media exposure.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
World Trophies
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2023, 07:54:27 PM »

Finally, the trophies for the contest are ready.
I chose large medallions as they are easier to ship internationally.
The Freestyle and Traditional are very heavy metal ones with boxes. I hope we can get more sponsors next time so everybody that places can get a nice trophy.

HYDRUS17R

• ITSA
    • La page sur les toupies de mon site web bdc-henri.fr
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2023, 05:55:42 AM »

Ils sont superbes, bravo.

Armando (elprofedeltrompo)

• ITSA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@Elprofedeltrompo
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2023, 04:41:15 PM »

hermosas

Jun

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2023, 01:23:31 AM »

I look forward a world online contest this year! When will the contest be held?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2023, 09:02:16 AM »

I look forward a world online contest this year! When will the contest be held?
We are currently voting at the ITSA International Board, but I can tell you that the deadline to submit videos will be July 30th.
Official announcement and rules either later today or tomorrow.

Jun

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2023, 10:42:39 AM »

Thank you for what ITSA have done for the online world contest this year and your reply!
I can’t wait that!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Up