iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Kreisel-Art site  (Read 136 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Kreisel-Art site
« on: August 16, 2022, 12:36:42 AM »

Kreisel Art (www.kreisel-art.de) is the site of Ulrich Büker, a German who collects, designs and sells tops on Etsy.

Here is an interesting one that is started with a ruler, the Anreißkreisel (scribing top?):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFkGH_5FSf0

This seems to be the most popular on his shop, the Pusteblume (blow+flower = dandelion):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8WpuTPyVEw

The site also has a section of Spindeleien what I first thought were tops, although challenging to spin as the shaft is very tall. Many have a hook at one end what I wondered if it was for a string-twist drop-start. But after a little of research I found out they are drop spindles for spinning yarn, a convenient portable replacement of a spinning wheel. Learning something new everyday!

Drop spindle, not a top.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 09:03:17 AM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Kreisel-Art site
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 05:42:26 PM »

I received my order from Kreisel-Art (through their Etsy store). Shipping cost was moderate, not like ordering from other German spinning top sites.
Delivery was pretty fast.

The Anreißkreise was not available but I ordered the Pusteblume. It requires some skill to keep on the finger while blowing (because of the precession), but it does work as described.

I also ordered a Sauseknopf kreisel (button top) as I didn't yet have one that was started using twisted wire like that.

In addition, they added a free top to my small order, the lady bug blow top (Marienkäfer Pustekreisel), what was nice.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 05:45:28 PM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: Kreisel-Art site
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 05:51:07 PM »

Oh!!!  Seems like clever fun.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!