iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: World Cup Qatar 2022  (Read 584 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
World Cup Qatar 2022
« on: April 02, 2022, 11:04:47 AM »

France, Germany, Mexico, Spain, USA, Uruguay . . . I think as in previous World Cups we will be talking about the World Cup on the NSTR section.  >:D

The best game of the first round is likely Germany vs Spain, but some first round matches will have lots of baggage that will make them very compelling.

England vs USA
USA vs Iran
Argentina vs Mexico
Uruguay vs Ghana (remember this)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 01:09:25 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Spintop artist in Qatar?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 09:38:15 AM »

There is a call from Qatar for all kind of artists to give ambience to the world cup. It seems to me that this could include a spintop performer!
The email I received says:

Do you have a unique and creative talent?
Or know someone that does?
We have the platform for you!
Join the Cultural Activation FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™.
We are opening the doors to a world of wonder and unforgettable, one-of-a-kind events for a diverse and immersive fan experience.

We are searching for a wide range of talented local, regional and international individuals and groups that can deliver distinct and adaptable performances. The kind that surprise and delight audiences of all ages – encouraging engagement, interaction and participation.

We are seeking talents from:

- Visual arts
- Crafts & heritage
- Fashion & design
- Performing arts & theatre
- Music
- Film & screening

… and everything in between as part of the greatest football show on earth.

It gives this registration link, but I don't see more info: https://www.qatar2022.qa/en/opportunities/community-engagement/register-as-artist

ortwin

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Spintop artist in Qatar?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 10:45:10 AM »

There is a call from Qatar for all kind of artists to give ambience to the world cup. ...

If somebody really wants to give ambience to that world cup in Qatar must be left to everybody's personal judgement. But I recall seeing some fantastic videos ( probably posted by ta0, probably mostly with Mexicans or Japanese players) where a lot of "footwork" was involved with the top. My guess is that that style would go best with the organizers of a soccer world cup.

In the broader world of tops, nothing's everything!  —  Jeremy McCreary