iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Medals will be available for all participants on the 2020 World Contest

Author Topic: Future online contests  (Read 640 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Future online contests
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 12:36:31 PM »

Following Neff, here are some suggestions.

ITSA Online Spinning Top International Contest (*)

1- Open Freestyle (regen/flow freestyle) 3 minute
2- Spintop Freestyle (<60 gr regen fixed tip) (Mexican-style division?) 3 minute (**)
3- Koma Trick Challenge (koma fixed tip) (Japanese-style division?) 8 throws
4- Trompo Trick Challenge (solid top, fixed tip, can be resin/plastic in addition to wood) (Colombian-style division?) 6 throws
5- Target challenge (points = distance/area of target) (Taiwanese-style division?) 2 minute (***)
6- Chonkakegoma Freestyle (or similar fixed Kongzhu/Monobolo without sticks) (Chonkake-style division?) 3 minute (****)

(*) Please, suggest other names. If we want to keep the word "World" to attract players, it would be something like ITSA Online World Spinning Top Festival. Or ITSA Online World Spintop Medley Contest . . .

(**)The spintop division limit could be also in size instead of weight and the exact value has to be determined. But I'm thinking that Cometa, Sidewinder and Shortcircuit would qualify but not S8.  Gustavo has asked for a division like this. Or we could include tops like the Giulia (fixed) and QuickSilver. So, yes to "toy" tops, but not to "juggling" tops.

(***) The exact scoring equation has to be determined, but should be proportional to the distance and inversely proportional to the size of the target. I'm guessing several constraints have to be added. But my idea is that not only Taiwanese Tuolu's could be used.

(****) I think we need to require the top to spin on the tip at some point, so it doesn't become just a variation of diabolo. Perhaps, 3 spins, one on each minute of the freestyle, each one with a different setup.

Dale

• ITSA Honor
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 05:25:45 PM »

I didn't know how to segregate these things so I used Jim's log. Jim, I hope you are not offended. If so, my apologies.

1  abandon the peer judging process
will be replaced by a board of judges, unpar number , with a Head Judge for final decisions

(I don’t think we should have any arguments against this.)

2 make it mandatory to post one video per category entered

(Ditto)

3 limit the number of entries at 10 players per country
if this option is adopted it means that each country will have to organize qualifying sessions

(I hadn’t thought about this. If we have over 30 countries that would max out around 300 plus double entry videos. If we do this I agree that individual countries would have to handle their own winnowing. )

4 re-formulate the notion of Traditional freestyle

(Elaborate  please. I have no idea what you  mean by this.)

my input
allow more time (4mn?)

( It is my belief  that 3 minutes is ample time to strain the ingenuity of the players. I don’t want to watch a bunch of repeating moves.)

giving elements on tradition, country or region of origin will have to be put forward

(Sorry,  I can’t go along with this. I believe we have broken through the idea of traditional play. The only ones that would want that are the “old farts”. The new players want to push the boundries. Then again, I realize I’m not a fan of  tradition  in  any category.)

remove the notion of "tricks" as  they appear in the open category
 and keep the notion of difficulty and risks taken

(It doesn’t matter what you call it. The player goes through a series of  movements of varying degrees of difficulty resulting in a “hopefully” entertaining performance.)

5 ban any t shirt or outfit with a brand mark
(example addidas t shirt in one video )

(Why are you offended by this? Are we going to be style police?)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2020, 12:58:20 PM »

The only ones that would want that are the “old farts”. The new players want to push the boundries.
Coming from an 80-year old: I love it!

I think that as long as there is a competition there will be evolution. But by having different playing style divisions we can attract and keep players coming from different traditions.

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2020, 01:12:49 PM »

HELLO TO EVERYONE FIRST THAN NOTHING, CONGRATULATIONS FOR WHAT IS ACHIEVED AND I WANT TO GIVE MY OPINION
I BELIEVE THAT AN ONLINE CONTEST GIVES MORE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE MORE COMPETITORS SINCE THEY DO IT FROM THEIR HOME THE EXPENSES ARE NULL AND I THINK YOU CAN MAKE A THOUSAND TIMES WRONG AND THE JUDGES WILL NOT NOTICE IT SINCE YOU WILL SEND THE BEST VIDEO THAT IS PREPARED RIDING ON AN ESENARY WITH JUDGES AND THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WATCHING YOU IS MORE IMPACTING AND YOU HAVE ONLY THREE MINUTES TO GET THE BEST OUT OF YOU SO I THINK THE CATEGORIES SHOULD BE THAT

FREE STYLE
T1 ACROBATIC SPRING NO GREATER THAN 62 GR FIXED

T2 BALL BEARRING ACROBATIC NO GREATER THAN 62 GR

T3 KOMA JAPANESE

T4 LARGE  AND  JUMBO SPINS GREATER THAN 90 GR

T5 WOODEN SPIN NO GREATER THAN 90 GR

T6 ART AND ENTERTAINMENT

T7 CHOKENGOMA AND EMBLEMATIC SPINS AND PIRINOLAS

BECAUSE WE CAN APPRECIATE THE PLAYERS MORE IN EACH CATEGORY AND STYLE
REGARDING THE ACROBATIC SPIN THEY ARE THE MOST OF PARTICIPANTS SO I THINK IT WOULD BE NUM 1 AND FROM THERE THE AMOUNT OF PARTICIPANTS IN EACH CATEGORY CAN BE ACCOUNTED SINCE THE SPINS ARE VERY DIFFERENT AND THERE MAY NOT BE MANY TYPES. A COLAGE OF EVERYONE AGAINST EVERYONE WE HAVE TO DO THINGS IN ORDER TO QUALIFY THE PARTICIPANTS WELL WITH REGARD TO THE JUDGES IF THEY DEVERED TO BE PEOPLE WHO ALREADY WERE CHAMPIONS OR FINALISTS IN SOME WORLDWIDE BECAUSE THEY ARE THE THOSE WHO HAVE THE EXPERIENCE OF THE THEME SO Y TO PRACTICE

TROMPO MEXICO

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2020, 01:31:11 PM »

Regarding LIMITING THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS PER COUNTRY IT GETS INTO PROBLEMS IN LARGE COUNTRIES SUCH AS MEXICO WHICH IS ONE OF THE MOST PARTICIPANTS IN A CATEGORY IN MEXICO WE HAVE TWO ASSOCIATIONS DEDICATED TO PROMOTING THE WORLD SPIN TOP CONTEST
 IN SPECIFIC AND THERE ARE MORE THAN 8 FACTORY COMPANIES IN ECUADOR THERE IS A COMPANY IN THE USA ANOTHER  BRAZIL WE MUST BUILD A QUADRANGULAR SIMILAR TO THE YOYO BUT MORE SPORTY AND IMPROVED AND CLASSIFY INDIVIDUALLY BUT LIMITING THE PARTIPANTS BY COUNTRY IS TO LOWER THE INTEREST

TODAY THE YOYO  I CAME TO NETFLIX TWO YEARS AGO I CAME TO THE SOLEIL CIRCUS BECAUSE WE, BEING SO MANY INTERESTED PEOPLE, CANNOT DO SOMETHING THE SAME OR BETTER WE PUT OUR CREATIVITY TO WORK WE GET WORLDWIDE SPONSORS WITH DONATORS WHO BECOME A WORLDWIDE DONATOR WHO WANTS AN ORGANIZATION WORTHY OF THIS FABULOUS AND, A MILLENNIAL TOY, I SUPPORT THEM WITH THE CREATION OF VIDEOS OF PROMOTIONAL LOGOS
 MEDALS, T-SHIRTS WE COMMERCIALIZE SOUVENIRS ARTICLES WHIT  TO THE THEME KEYRINGS PEN, AGENDAS ETC.

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2020, 01:41:39 PM »

BY MARKETING SPIN THINGS WE CAN RAISE FUNDS TO EXECUTE BETTER OUR WORLD CUP I SUPPORT THEM WITH EVERYTHING WE DO FIBERGLASS GRAPHIC DESIGN SCULPTURE WE CAN DO A LOT, I CAN ALSO GET YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS AND NON-SOLO ENTREPRENEURS SPONSORS AND Sponsors, and not only large employers. OUR FABULOUS DISCIPLINE WE CAN MAKE AN ANNUAL RAFFLE
THAT EVERY WHO DONATES SOMETHING RELATED TO THE SPRINGS DOES NOT KNOW A T-SHIRT YOU Wore IN A WORLD CUP THE T-SHIRT OF THE WORLD CHAMPION OF SUCH YEAR OLD SHIELDS BOOKS PAINTINGS WE HAVE A LOT OF FABRIC WHERE TO CUT IT, DO IT

jim in paris

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2020, 09:33:28 AM »

Salut fernando
Thanx for your input
The commercial aspect is surely
something to think about
Jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2020, 09:51:56 AM »

Hi Jim, it's nice to hear from you, you know, it occurs to me that we do an auction every year and in that auction we will raffle a shirt signed by all the previous champions, that being the main attraction along with a kit of special things such as old embroidered shields, old tops Many things can be in auction or raffle format, tickets are bought and a certain day at a certain time the raffle or auction or both are transmitted online and thus we raise funds to operate and evolve faster I do not know what they look like

hola  jim   que  gusto saber de ti  sabes    se  me  ocurre  que hagamos  una  subasta  cada  año y en esa  subasta sortear una  playera  firmada  por todos  los  campeones  anteriores siendo esa  la  atraccion principal junto con un kit  de cosas  especiales  como escudos   bordados antiguos  trompos  antiguos  no  se    muchas cosas  calcomanias  representativas  de  eventos  antigos  relacionados  con el trompo   tenemos  mucho  material puede  ser   en formato de subasta  o  de rifa  se compran boletos  y cierto  dia  a cierta  hora  se  transmite  on line  la  rifa  o subasta  o ambas  y  asi  recaudamos  fondos  para operar  y  evolucionar mas  rapido   no se  que les  paresca