iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Linked Events

• 2020 World Spintop Contest Budapest: August 13, 2020 - August 16, 2020

Author Topic: Preparing for Budapest 2020 World Spintop Contest  (Read 3329 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Preparing for Budapest 2020 World Spintop Contest
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2020, 07:45:50 PM »

but over all , it's a flu , not a bubonic plague or a  cholera outbreak
A flu pandemic can be very bad. From Wikipedia:
The 1918 influenza pandemic (a strain of H1N1 = swine flu) infected 500 million people around the world, or about 27% of the then world population . . . The death toll is estimated to have been 40 million to 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million, making it one of the deadliest epidemics in human history.
Right now the rates of transmission and mortality are not clear. I'm optimistic it will not affect worlds, but it's a possibility (although there are no cases yet in Hungary).

I think it is very expensive this year the truth 200 euros the day of the event is something exaggerated for any Latino just paying the registration is a strong expense and do not say the flight the lodging the meal only passenger is 1500 euros more 500 of lodging more 200 of registration more 150 of meals a total of 2350 euros in Mexican pesos 50 thousand pesos a world of money
If you wait, it can become very expensive. But right now google flights finds tickets in Iberia or British Airways from Mexico City for $715. Lodging can be $100 for 4 days if you go really cheap. I would say that you can do it for less than $1000 usd if you decide now.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2020, 11:50:25 PM »

I hear that 2 competitors from Mexico have already registered, as well as one from Colombia.   8)
And I booked my ticket (using miles). See you in Buda and in Pest!  ;)

Attila

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2020, 09:25:17 AM »

Hello everyone!

I just finished my registration and renewed my membership, I can't wait to see you in Budapest. I heard that Quentin and Daniel Konecny may also enter the spintop division which is very exciting!
I will try my best to find a good accomodation if you need my help but I can't promise anything. The registration fee is really crazy and I missed the first deadline so it got a bit more expensive. It's sad that this may result in less competitors.
Also, can anyone tell me where I could find the rules for the competition and if there's any changes to it this year?

See you soon

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2020, 11:25:48 PM »

Saludos atila gracias por la atención para futuros competidores esperamos verte de nuevo ahora en tu país y ciudad ..

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2020, 12:05:24 AM »

It will be great! And thanks for renewing your ITSA membership!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2020, 04:48:25 PM »

Worlds in Budapest has been postponed until 2021  :(
It was the logical thing to do. So I guess, Japan will be 2022.

Registrations for this year will be transferred to next year.

Attila

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2020, 12:21:23 PM »

The new dates for worlds have been announced!
July 22-25 2021!
See you all there, keep spinning!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Budapest 2021 World Spintop Contest
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2021, 10:30:35 PM »

Hironori Mii wrote to me this morning saying that they are still planning to have a World Yo-Yo Contest this year in Budapest and asking if we were interested in having the spintop contest with them. I told him that although we will continue having an online contest in the future, we are planning to also have an in-person contest (as decided in the General Assembly) and if there is a contest in Budapest this year, we will be there. The same with Japan 2022.

Right now, July 22 seems a little early to me for the covid situation to be completely over. I think it would be better in September.

I also mentioned that we would probably like to have the 2023 spintop contest in Mexico and not USA. Obviously, the IYYF is going to decide between USA and Mexico regardless of what ITSA does, but I wanted provide a little nudge.  ;)  However, I believe IYYF last year stated that the rotation between the Americas, Europe and Asia was not written in stone, so my assumption that the yo-yo contest in 2023 will be decided between those two countries might be wrong.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 10:38:03 PM by ta0 »

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2021, 11:53:17 PM »

Hola ,sería bueno estar en Budapest y respecto al mundial ser albergado en México estamos listos para tener el evento

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2021, 10:30:59 AM »

IJA (International Juggling Association) just announced that the annual festival, scheduled for July 12-18th, will be online again this year. I give little chance to Budapest, unless they move the date a little later.