iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Trompo Premier  (Read 4109 times)

MatiasStuntMan

Trompo Premier
« on: March 02, 2010, 06:18:02 PM »

I friend of mine brought me two Premier tops from Mexico. I was very exited about it, I though that I was going to have two legendary tops on my collection. She bough them at Wallmart for $15 Mexican pesos each, that is about a buck. I open one with a lot of excitement to then realize that these are made to the highest Wallmart standards, not just inexpensive but plain cheap, very low quality, cheap plastic with burned marks at the injection point and poor finish, you have to tight hard the string when wrapping to prevent it from slipping out . The cap doesn't fit tight on the top so when it spins the cap rattles. They have no exterior weight so their spin is short, but surprisingly enough no wobbly spin, and the tip holds the string just right, easy wirewalker out of the box, I think because of its design and its weight as Pulp described in an other topic. I inserted a rubber ring from a Target Medicine bottle, the ones they use so people get their own color and they don't mix medicines, this stop the rattling and WOW what a nice top, way better than the Imperial.

Knowing the store where these were bough from, I think it is a good toy after all, good for kids to learn how to spin it  on the floor and learn some string tricks, but is not a legendary Premier, even though it says "the original" in the carton. Unfortunately the Chinese pressure over the Mexican manufacturers is hard and they had to lower their standards to compete.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Trompo Premier
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 07:22:35 PM »

So the Premier brand is back? According to Salvador they had closed business about a decade ago. But even the Premiers that Infinite Illusions had around 2000 were bad. The Galaxia tops Salvador sent me are much better than the one I got from II. Now, you cannot expect too much for a buck, I guess.

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
Re: Trompo Premier
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 08:51:01 PM »

Tips of premier are so bad!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:57:46 PM by ARÀCNOCTAMBULO »