iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Upside down RollerCoaster to String  (Read 1827 times)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Upside down RollerCoaster to String
« on: September 17, 2019, 04:56:51 AM »

Hey y'alls,

I've been working a lot on my UDs tricks lately. Mostly UD crazy 8, I've been doing them with my trusy black hornet. So here's my question. Are UD RC to string regenerating at all or they are 'detrimental' to spin speed. I'm able to pull 2-3 consecutively and then I miss... The tip catch is so much harder than right side up RC to string !!!

Anyway, thanks y'alls for the info,
I'll sure continue to post my progress and tricks :)
pax
Spinning is life!!!!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Re: Upside down RollerCoaster to String
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 05:49:26 AM »

While being on the topic of UD tricks... Is there any 'throw hand' tricks you guys have on upside down boomerang... I mostly can't figure out how to throw it properly... if I reverse the top and then try to throw it ends up flying all over the place due to the string not being held properly in place while throwing... I tried a bunch of things but reverted to throw to lasso into orbit into UD C8 then try to work on my UD RC to S.

I realise that this is quite hard to explain it's more of a feel thing.. but any tidbits might help
paxl

ps: also RIP SUMMER :(... I'm not sure where I'll be throwing this winter... sounds like a depressive time... I will milk outside with my beaten up hornet until it's too cold but... after that, will be a sad time...

kevinm

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 07:28:43 PM »

I suggest you get a winter house in the north. North Carolina that is, weather is just starting to cool down enough to be comfortable.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 08:10:21 PM »

I suggest you get a winter house in the north. North Carolina that is, weather is just starting to cool down enough to be comfortable.

Not a bad idea!!! I'll be honest, I'm not sure how I'll play this winter but I'll milk as much as I can!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 09:05:40 PM »

Are UD RC to string regenerating at all or they are 'detrimental' to spin speed. I'm able to pull 2-3 consecutively and then I miss... The tip catch is so much harder than right side up RC to string !!!
If you try an RC upside down, without changing anything, you will be removing spin instead of regenerating. A few people looked into this and failed in coming up with a UD RC-like trick. If you try to RC with your non-throwing hand, the string friction will be in the correct orientation but the precession would be in the wrong direction for the flow of the trick.

While being on the topic of UD tricks... Is there any 'throw hand' tricks you guys have on upside down boomerang... I mostly can't figure out how to throw it properly... if I reverse the top and then try to throw it ends up flying all over the place due to the string not being held properly in place while throwing... I tried a bunch of things but reverted to throw to lasso into orbit into UD C8 then try to work on my UD RC to S.
I realise that this is quite hard to explain it's more of a feel thing.. but any tidbits might help
paxl
I explained the way I hold the top for the UD boomerang here:
upside down boomerang

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 11:03:18 PM »

kevinm.........where do you live in North Carolina?  I think we have talked about this before but I forget what was said.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 11:36:22 PM »

good luck with those, they are.....hard lol

Not a bad idea!!! I'll be honest, I'm not sure how I'll play this winter but I'll milk as much as I can!

same, and it just dawned on me today  :'(

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 07:54:30 AM »

good luck with those, they are.....hard lol

same, and it just dawned on me today  :'(

it's 4 degree C outside at the moment... :'(....

Are UD RC to string regenerating at all or they are 'detrimental' to spin speed. I'm able to pull 2-3 consecutively and then I miss... The tip catch is so much harder than right side up RC to string !!!
If you try an RC upside down, without changing anything, you will be removing spin instead of regenerating. A few people looked into this and failed in coming up with a UD RC-like trick. If you try to RC with your non-throwing hand, the string friction will be in the correct orientation but the precession would be in the wrong direction for the flow of the trick.

Yep, that's what I've been feeling. as far as 'regenerative' tricks UD. Orbits still works I guess but they regen not at the same place in the orbits I'm gonna guess... RC to string won't work... I'll work on getting better with my UD Lasso.

I explained the way I hold the top for the UD boomerang here:
upside down boomerang

I'm going to try your way later today when it's hotter outside... I might have to adapt b/c I'm using longer than normal string! We shall see. Thanks Ta0!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 08:31:53 AM »

I ended up trying it inside... and well your method work ta0! I wouldn't say I'm consitant with it but I do have a 50% success rate for

- UD boomerang to UD lasso to UD Crazy 8

then I try fancy'er stuff and it fails... I really should be praciting this on my bearing guilia and not my QSH :) But what the hell :)

Cheers and thanks!

kevinm

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 06:43:16 AM »

kevinm.........where do you live in North Carolina?  I think we have talked about this before but I forget what was said.
We live close to Raleigh.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 06:14:40 AM »

After a lot of practice,

I can confidently say that I have a near 100% success rate on throwing UD boomerangs :)... I also do a bunch of UD tricks.. I'll try to make a video at some point... UD is fun but not having regerneration at hands kind of render the whole thing a bit moot considering that's the only thing I like in life :)

Cheers y'alls
paxl