iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: a spinning mecca in Italy? Molise!!!  (Read 875 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
a spinning mecca in Italy? Molise!!!
« on: September 12, 2019, 01:06:17 PM »

I know some may think this is non spin top related, but open up your imagination!

The Italian government is concerned about people and businesses leaving the area of Molise.  I read in a news feed they are offering 8,000 euros a year to people who move to their region for five years.  I thought that sounded interesting until I saw another place where they are offering 22,000 or 25,000 or 27,000!!!  We need more concrete information but wouldn't it be great if someone took a lathe there and started a spinning business?  It is not super far from Rome and it might get people to visit.  Heck, I would want to visit and others might, also.  Maybe a competition of some sort would draw people in for big events like the Italian Nationals, or maybe the European Championships or maybe even the world championships of top spinning?

This seems like something fun to dream about.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

robtsou

• ITSA Jr.
Re: a spinning mecca in Italy? Molise!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 06:04:19 PM »

I'd do it if I could live on it!

Pepe

• ITSA
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 04:51:33 AM »

Wow!!!

That sounds greeeat!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 02:50:21 PM »

It did not take long for this thread to journey from lastest spin to non spin top related.....even from India.  Seems as someone like Phillipe in France could take a sabbatical and enjoy a quiet life in Molise while developing a big following of people who love his turnings.