iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jumbos, Turbo bearings and the rest  (Read 10686 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Jumbos, Turbo bearings and the rest
« on: February 19, 2010, 12:15:02 PM »

I received the second and last lot of tops in consignment from Salvador. Notice that the tops remaining from the first lot are also for sale (see below.)

Jumbos

I received 40 Jumbos with custom tips by Salvador. These large tops have not been available for at least 10 or 15 years. But their interest is not as collectibles but as players. Each one has a tip custom made for Salvador. However, the tips vary in size: the neck can be as small as 2.6mm or as big as 4.6mm, most being in the 3.2 to 3.7 mm range (if ordering more than one I'll try to include different examples.) These are the same tops he used in inventing all those regenerations and the ones he uses on the videos and on his street performances. He swears by them. I am keeping 6 of the 40 and the rest are for sale at $15 each. They don't come with string but many have button and ring.

Turbo bearing, Topdog style

This was the first generation of Mexican bearing tops. Transluscent green, transluscent orange, clear and solid black. I have plenty of these. They come with string, button, ring and replacement tip shell. The price is $15 each.

Turbo second generation

The second generation of bearing tops, have also been discontinued for several years. They are beautiful and according to Salvador the colored ones are almost impossible to find.
The cost of these is $20 each each (no string or button). However, because I have very few of the colored ones (Azteca, Ultra and Zoo), there will be a limit of 1 per person on those (but I am keeping a few more for trades . . .) Of the solid black Turbo Profesional I have plenty (26) so there is no limit. So, for example, you can order a Turbo Azteca and a Turbo Profesional, or a Turbo Ultra and 2 Turbo Profesionals, but not a Turbo Ultra and a Turbo Zoo.

The deal for the "regular" tops hasn't changed (except for shipping costs): $6 in single quantities and decreasing prices in quantity up to "wholesale" price of $4.50 each. By the way, Salvador did send me 10 more of the beautiful Cobras and a couple of Aliens. Also on this group are the newly available Spider, Atomic and Estelaris (I already got a request for the Atomic and for one of the two Aliens). I recommend looking at my virtual museum as I have updated most (but not all) of the pictures.

US Priority mail shipping costs are $5 for up to 6 tops, $7 for up to 12 tops, $9 for up to 18 tops, $11 for more.

I accept any legal method of payment except US bonds ;D If you pay with Paypal (top*at*ta0.com) I recommend you select "personal payment" (no goods or services) and you may save me the Paypal fee (but also send mi your address as Paypal won't give it in that case). You can also pay with personal checks, etc, etc.

My wife is going on vacation March 1st and leaving me alone with the kids for two weeks (I owe her for the Eurotop tour), and then we are leaving to join her in Uruguay for the next two weeks. Fulfilling the orders takes a long time, so I will only do one batch shipment before leaving. My idea is to do it the first week of March. Those who do not order by then will have to wait until April.

Thanks!

Jeromy K.

Re: Jumbos, Turbo bearings and the rest
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 05:13:51 PM »

I would like a 1st gen green, Ultra Red and 1 professional.  Let know how much I need to send.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 10:37:12 PM »

Thanks to those who have already ordered.  I won't ship until the first week of March, so you can wait a couple of weeks to pay.
The Atomic and the Aliens are already gone. I only have a few Turbo 2nd gen in colors left.

Trevor

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 11:45:31 AM »

Ta0, i like to get the following:
2 clear turbo bearin (topdog style)
1 Blue turbo zoo
Thnx
trevor

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 09:58:24 PM »

For me one jumbo, 2 turbo bearing, one turbo ultra.
I can wait the shipping, so give the shipping precedenxe to the others buyers.

Bye, Maurizio

P.S. my preference is for blue tops :-)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 12:26:59 AM »

Ok, I will be shipping this Monday and there will be no more shipping until April.
If you want some of the Jumbos or Turbo bearings, it is time to order.
Thanks to Maurizio, Trevor, Jeromy, Neff, Yocephus, Dizzy, MatiasStuntMan and Poptop who already did.

I also have regular tops left. I updated the master list of Salvador's Mexican tops: www.ta0.com/forum/index.php?topic=395.msg3225#msg3225

Jeromy K.

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 07:59:57 PM »

I just received mine today and wow are they nice. I highly recommended the turbo professional, it is the best player out of them all.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 10:43:41 PM »

Yes, they are nice.

But be careful where you play the bearing tops: I have just busted the tip of a gen 1 Turbo when I tried to boomerang it with a ring that was too big and it flew towards a hard surface  :'(
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 11:44:59 PM by ta0 »

MatiasStuntMan

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 11:17:16 PM »

I just received mine today and wow are they nice. I highly recommended the turbo professional, it is the best player out of them all.
Me too, I got the box this afternoon and they are awesome, the turbo bearing spins like for ever, it made me rethink about bearing tops after being very disappointed with the Blizzard's lack of bearing spin.

Dizzy

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 12:42:51 AM »

My shipment came yesterday but I couldn't dig in till today and I must say I'm very pleased.  It was super-fun to have the chance to try out so many tops at the same time.  And this is just a greenhorn opinion of course but I don't think there's a bad player in the bunch.

I think I agree about the turbo pro, Jeromy.  It seems perfectly balanced, it spins and spins, and the thing I notice the most is that it seems almost impossible to throw it badly.  Regardless of how I change my throw the top is always sitting straight up when it comes to my hand.  I haven't tried out the turbo ultra yet but I'll bet it plays the same.

Ta0, I agree with you as well about the first-gen turbo.  It is a little hard for me to throw as I have no experience with the top-dog shape and I sent it across my yard several times today trying to get the hang of it.  But once I got comfortable I was very impressed with the top.  Very stable, long spins, and a completely different feel from the Blizzard which is the only bearing top I'd thrown before today. In fact I was surprised at just how different both 1st and 2nd gen turbos are from the Blizzard and from each other as well.  Variety is the spice of life.

The Jumbos are just great.  They are my first larger tops and wow what a difference a little size can make.  All the tricks I know that look shaky with my sidewinder came together nicely with the jumbos.  We'll see if it helps me get the hang of regenerations.

The one top I was perhaps most impressed with is the Estelaris.  I figured the mini tops to be more novelties than anything else but the Estelaris is I think a very good player.  It took me awhile to get the hang of it too.  It's a bit finicky I think about string length to get a really good throw going but once I did I found it to perform quite well.  Since it's so small it won't spin for too long in the hand but it really surprised me.  And it has the nicest materials and the best fit and finish of all the fixed-tip trompos in the lot.

As for all the standard fixed-tippers, I found most of them to spin at least as nicely as my sidewinder and the tip-shapes are just great.  All the different designs and decorations are really fun to see too. 

It's a great box o' tops.

Ta0, thanks for making it happen.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 12:47:14 AM »

Mine came yesterday.  I spent have the night fine-tuning, string-fitting, gawking and drooling.  The other half I spent dreaming about what I spent the previous half of the night doing.

Salvador's tips are really amazing.  I couldn't get them to wirewalk well, but probably the best tips for regenerations I've ever played with.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 12:52:51 AM by Neff »

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 07:48:07 AM »

Yes, the Salvador's java-lamp tip regen perfect. It helps me in the string management. A Jumbo with such tip was the top of my first snap-start.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 12:20:44 PM »

Arrived home last night to find muchos trompos waiting for me.  What a treat, thanks Ta0! Thanks Salvador!

Orbitas medias, here I come...
Erratic Wobbler

Dizzy

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 01:27:19 AM »

I finally took my Turbo Ultra out of the bag and only then came to realize that it is a heavier top than the Turbo Professional.

All I can say is... wow.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 01:41:41 AM »

My turbo ultra is very wobbly.  Salvador - do you know if the turbos come apart?