iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BAD weather in Dayton OH?  (Read 1104 times)

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
BAD weather in Dayton OH?
« on: May 28, 2019, 06:14:02 PM »

Mike, sure hope you guys are OK. The weather channel was reporting some very severe weather with tornadoes, heavy rain, and large areas of power outages, including the Dayton Children's Hospital. How are you? yours? the church?
Practice hard and play safe.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: BAD weather in Dayton OH?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 07:29:52 PM »

Thanks for asking.  It was a weird night but all is well in Miamisburg.  Wish I could say the same for the rest of our area.

I was out walking late last night and the weather was very ominous.  Lots of lightning and a funny feel in the air.  The big alarm at the fire department went off to signal something about a tornado but it was nothing more than a warning for us.  Little did we know about the destruction in areas near us like Trotwood and Beavercreek.  The news was full of terrible looking pictures this morning with lots of roofs off and rains coming.  So, we will hope for the best for those situations.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 11:14:37 AM »

Weather seems to be becoming more extreme on average.

There was a tornado going through Jefferson City a week ago, but from his Facebook page I gather that it did not directly affect Neff.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 02:23:54 PM »

Glad Neff is ok.  Around here, in actuality, John Buechele is closer to the destruction than I am but I still think he was safely out of the way.  By the way, he is talking about going to Cleveland.

Also, the umpire at our game last night was talking about the tornadoes and I asked if he was hit.  He said the roof was off his house and yet, there he was, reffing our game!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 09:56:40 PM by the Earl of Whirl »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 03:53:43 PM »

We have been taking a lot of food to different locations helping with the tornadoes but today was the first day I REALLY saw first hand some of the intense destruction.  It was shocking!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 10:00:58 PM »

Good old St. Jacob has been stepping it up.  It has been touching to have people help out so much.  We are nearing two thousand items collected and delivered to a number of locations hit by tornadoes.  It is shocking to see, up close, some of the destruction.  Obviously, this going to be a long long period of recovery.