iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: In Madrid and Valencia  (Read 5418 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
In Madrid and Valencia
« on: May 10, 2019, 03:29:13 AM »

I'm staying a few days with Jorge Sanjuan, the legendary Pulpowsky. Not only is he my namesake, fellow bald head, and a top player  (former owner of the Spanish top forum), but we also share an interest in tango dancing, for what Madrid has lots of venues. It was great to see him again after many years.

Yesterday we got together with Pepe and his family in a park and later he received me at his home.

When we arrived to the park he was doing long wire walks and long target shooting with Taiwanese tops. We joined him in the later after the required Figaro photo.

I had no idea that Pepe is the top guy in Spain for unicycles (he owns more than 20). He is also a great guy and very passionate about his interests. We may meet again today.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 09:36:04 AM by ta0 »

Pepe

• ITSA
Re: In Madrid
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 04:11:38 AM »

It was great to meet you both yesterday, I took Ta0 to fly to Spain to get Pulp throwing tops  ::) ::) ::)

We may go to the El Retiro park later this morning... if you are somewere arround feel free to join!!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 07:41:02 AM »

Can't sadly teleport me... else I'd be there!
Spinning is life!!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 08:18:55 AM »

Good old Pulpowsky!!!  I have lots of good memories with him.  Glad you got to spend some time with him.  It is also good to hear about Pepe.  And he has 20 unicycles?  Wow!!!  What a great picture of the three amigos.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 03:16:14 PM »

Friday I met Pepe again and we had a very productive throwing session in the beautiful El Retiro park.  I am happy to announce that he is now a bonafide regenerating player  8)
At sunset threw once more with pulp before heading to the 3rd milonga (tango dancing) in 3 days.
Today I took the fast train to Valencia and was received by Javier Caballero, the owner of Trompos Space. We talked hours about tops and ate great paella.
Tomorrow I will be meeting Miguelanchelo.

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 05:00:41 PM »

Congratulations to Pepe. Great accomplishment!

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 02:03:52 AM »

Olà Chicos !great meeting !
any news from muzico and trompillo ?

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 01:30:53 AM »

(I thought I had posted something yesterday, but it dissapeared  ??? )

Any news from muzico and trompillo ?
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to contact them.😕

I met Miguelanchelo in a town close to Valencia. He is an incredible player and we tried some crazy stuff. He has video that he should be posting in a few days. He should definitely represent Spain at contests. We'll try to make it happen.

Javier and family are my hosts and were my tourist guides for most of the day. We visited a very impressive Roman aqueduct, Peña Cortada, where you can walk not only on top but also inside. This is the same aqueduct on top of which Gerardo recorded a freestyle.

I visited the old Trompos Space factory, although right now there is no production as the market is down and they have  a large stock that they are using to fulfill orders. Javier told many fascinating stories.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 03:00:22 AM »

With Miguelanchelo, who we have seen grow up on the forum since he was a kid:

We mentioned years ago a restaurant called Trompo on the beach front of Valencia. I had a two-hour-plus lunch there with Javier Caballero and his sister-in-law:

We talked with the owner and she told us that the name was originally trombón (trombone), then tromba (I think) and finally trompo. Paradoxically, there were some topless in the beach.  >:D

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 04:47:39 PM »

This is Javi, the other demonstrator that appears on the Trompos Space website:

He happens to be Javier Caballero's son.

Both, pulpowsky in Madrid and Caballero in Valencia, were fabulous hosts. I'm very grateful to them for making this trip such a success.

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 07:16:25 PM »

Very nice pictures. Wish I was there having fun.

Pepe

• ITSA
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 03:05:06 PM »

I was getting the feel of regenerations and the worst happend!!

I lost my big JMadrigal top!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 03:18:18 PM »

It looks like you are having fun on your trip. thanks for sharing the photos with those of us who are hard at work and not on vacation....it allows us to live vicariously for a few moments.
Does Figaro travel as a carry on item or in your checked baggage? Perhaps you buy an extra seat for your travel companion?
Have a safe trip, Jorge.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2019, 04:17:16 PM »

Nooooooooooooooooooooo
Nooooooooooooooo is right!

It looks like you are having fun on your trip. thanks for sharing the photos with those of us who are hard at work and not on vacation....it allows us to live vicariously for a few moments.
Does Figaro travel as a carry on item or in your checked baggage? Perhaps you buy an extra seat for your travel companion?
Have a safe trip, Jorge.
I'm back home but with a week worth of backlog work. I'll post more pictures and stories this weekend.
Figaro travels in my carry-on. Technically it's not "legal": in one direction the maximum size of a carry-on is 9 inches and Figaro measures at least 10" in every direction. I always like to watch the face of the X-ray operator when the bag with Figaro goes through.  >:D

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2019, 09:17:47 PM »

Nooooooooooooooooooooo
:o