iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Gerardo Montero has his own Trompo?  (Read 470 times)

pplgrande

• Superhero member
Gerardo Montero has his own Trompo?
« on: May 05, 2019, 09:59:04 PM »

Hello everyone, Jorge como estas?
its been a while since I posted anything because I dont really play like I use too, work, life, etc...
But I just seen this video and felt the need to share with you all,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq9WuvdeHh8

I did not know Gerardo had designed his own Trompo, (Star trompo), beside his collaboration with Trompo Space. I cant seem to find it anywhere online, I might have to call someone in Mexico to get one, for those that dont speak spanish, he talks about his design in the beginning and shows a few of them
If anyone knows where to get one is gonna be Jorge, but please do tell, I really want one, I dont play like I used to, but I definitely still play
Hope all is well everyone 

jmadrigal

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
Re: Gerardo Montero has his own Trompo?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 10:29:25 PM »

Nice video.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 10:53:05 PM »

Wow! Nice to see you posting Omar!  :) "It's been a while since I posted" is a big understatement.
Thanks for sharing the video.

I have never met Gerardo in person, although we started communicating like 15 years ago! :o Hopefully we will finally meet soon. In a week I will visit Trompos Space but, unfortunately, this year he is not doing promotions for them.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 08:42:23 PM »

Jim: the two French girls did pretty well learning toupie.  >:D

Starting at 8:25 Gerardo shows what is basically a Duncan double-header. The story he tells is not correct: they were in production already in 1938. They were the forerunners of the Twin Spins of the 1960's. But a close inspection shows that it's in fact somewhat special. The crown has the imprint of a Yankee Boy top. In addition, the outer shell has a ball tip while typical Double-Headers have a more arrow type tip.

Neff

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 10:58:48 PM »

P
P
L

GRANDE!!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 01:19:17 PM »

At the entrance of Trompos Space factory/offices, there is a small display with mostly the different tops they have manufactured over the years, but they also have a few others. Included were these who I was told are the Gerardo brand:

Javier calls them affectionately :P "los huevitos", i.e., little eggs, because of the round shape.

Pepe

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 05:04:31 AM »

Gerardo┬┤s instagram its boiling with the promomtion of tromspos star, I love the alst trick he posted!!

The hole in the cap, like the ones you can find in trompos space for the "giraboli" (upside down spining on top of a pen tip) is a cool feature that I like very much!