iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: piao portuguese  (Read 93 times)

Ludo

• Gold Member
piao portuguese
« on: September 25, 2018, 07:06:16 PM »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: piao portuguese
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 08:40:23 PM »

It's a nice variation on the spinning top ballerina.

This video (with a song about tops) has an email and telephone to order (at least in 2015):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_He_6Yd9W48

It seems that the maker had more success than he expected. It was adopted by his city in the north part of Portugal, Viana do Castelo.
Using google translator from an article I found:
Ana is the mother's name and also the mother-in-law of Arnaldo Rodrigues, a 59-year-old plastic artist from Viana do Castelo who has just reinvented the traditional wooden top. Inspired by the vianese costume and the typical dances of the region, he created a "dancing" piece, which he christened "Ana de Viana".

The choice of designation, which coincidentally serves as a tribute to two women close to him, could not have been more obvious. "Viana closes the name Ana. I do not understand why no one has taken what is obvious until now." There is talk of the legend "I saw Ana in the Castle" and then nobody remembers to use Ana de Viana? most simple of the World, "he explains.

The toy, in the market with red, blue and green colors, is making great success, both in the social networks and in the craft stores. It has been marketed since August and has sold more than half a thousand. "I was getting a lot of orders, a lot of them, like I never expected, I was hoping this was going to be a success, not so much now, I was crazy when I realized that in two days the Facebook page had 10 thousand views," says Arnaldo, by which the artist likes to be called.

The top is made of wood, constructed in pieces carved by a carpenter and painted by the hand by the author. The idea is, according to him, "the union of two pleasures": the fascination with the spinning tops and the fact of being "fervent fan of the parties of Agonia." The toy represents a farmer dressed with arms in the air, in pose of whom Arnaldo warns, however, that "the" Ana de Viana "is not a faithful representation of the Vianese costume."

In the 80's of the last century, the plastic artist, banker in retirement, took the upper course of Drawing and his final work of design discipline was on top. The desire to create a piece of yours, he says, has been coming since, when he started collecting spinning tops. "I do not buy it, people who know it already offer me, I have a few dozen of them, piƵes [spinning tops] are a very interesting object," he concludes.