iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Elec-Trick unstable with a plastic fixed tip  (Read 1675 times)

Christop

Elec-Trick unstable with a plastic fixed tip
« on: August 28, 2018, 04:22:27 AM »

I bought both the Elec-Trick and the Short Circuit and have really fallen in love with them both. I've been focusing on bearing play so I threw a bearing into the Short Circuit and was swapping the tip that came with the Elec-Trick between them. I figured I'd see how the Elec-Trick played with fixed tip and my first boomerang I nearly broke my finger. Is the Elec-Trick only intended to use the metal fixed tip or is it something else?

Thanks

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Re: Elec-Trick unstable with a plastic fixed tip
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 08:09:15 AM »

Yep.  If you want to hack it out. add some washer at the bottom of the elec-trick.

For fixed tip, it NEED the aluminium top YYF sells. I'll be honest, it doesn't play that well as a fixed tip. Granted last time I played with it I was
far more a begginer BUT it felt like rock at the end of the string.

Cheers!
paxl
Spinning is life!!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 12:34:13 AM »

Correct. Swapping the bearing tip for a fixed tip in an Elec-Trick or the reverse in a Short Circuit, will make them unstable. I discussed it a bit on my review of the Energia tops (link). Jack discussed it for the Short Circuit and showed a solution here: dont put a bearing in it!!!!!!!! and Jose here: Upgrading YYF Short Circuit.

Christop

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 12:57:51 AM »

I actually had no trouble with the bearing and plastic tip in the Short Circuit. It is not as well balanced as the Elec-Trick but still playable as far as I can tell. Thanks for the info!