iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Looking for larger throw top  (Read 385 times)

Attila

Looking for larger throw top
« on: July 20, 2018, 08:44:55 AM »

Hi everyone,

I had a lot of fun with some larger tops at the Marines festival and since then I know I want one of them.

Here is Mermouy's 3D printed spintop. I'm looking for something similar in size with maybe a bit more weight.
It would be nice to find an affordable one  :D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 08:48:31 AM by Attila »

paxl13

Re: Looking for larger throw top
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 08:56:35 AM »

Maybe hit Josee... I know he does 3.2 inch for 85$ shipped... and bigger for more money!

I'd also love to have bigger top on the cheap :) ( my biggest top is the QSH / Grande ) =)

Cheers,
paxl

Attila

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 09:44:24 AM »

Thanks will do! :)

Kirk

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 08:32:43 AM »

Attila,
JohnM makes some excellent large tops.  However you must travel to Ohio to get one.  Well, this year's Whirled Festival of Tops in Miamisburg Ohio promises to be one of the best ever.  The plane ticket and the top combined might set you back a bit more than $85 :)

Attila

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 11:38:14 AM »

Kirk,
I really like the idea of going to that festival but flying there from Europe is way too expensive for me, at least $700 :( when is that festival? I think I was dreaming about going there this time last year and I met the same problem as now :D

mailman

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 11:50:45 AM »

It will be the last weekend of August.  I understand the cost issue.  Airfare is expensive!

But, THIS year would certainly be the year to try to make it.  With the Nationals coinciding with the annual festival, at the same time and place, this should be a great spin top event!  I know I'm really looking forward to it....

butterfingers

• Gold Member
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 10:58:34 AM »

I would suggest looking into Watts' tops. Very attractive, hand made, superb wooden tops. They are not inexpensive but they play very well and are quite durable. I believe the 4" and 5" are readily available. Old School for sure - but that's certainly not a bad thing!

The 4" is $105 shipped... and Mr. Watts is a member of this forum.

http://www.wattstops.com/

paxl13

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 08:32:43 PM »

I would suggest looking into Watts' tops. Very attractive, hand made, superb wooden tops. They are not inexpensive but they play very well and are quite durable. I believe the 4" and 5" are readily available. Old School for sure - but that's certainly not a bad thing!

The 4" is $105 shipped... and Mr. Watts is a member of this forum.

http://www.wattstops.com/

I didn't knew that he was still doing some!!! I'll definitely look into it at some point!!! Thanks for the info