iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Hello all, newly registered member  (Read 1488 times)

Luis

Hello all, newly registered member
« on: December 21, 2017, 10:34:02 AM »

how's it going? I'm Luis, from Tucson, Az. I've been reading through the many pages here for a good month now. Thought it was about time I joined. I am most interested in 'finger twirler' spin tops. Spending some of my free time finding whatever items available to me to repurpose as a top. A computer's optical drive motor (~5min spin time) and your bathroom exhaust fan are a couple impressive diy tops. Looking forward to meeting and learning from the community.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Hello all, newly registered member
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 11:00:17 AM »

Welcome to the forum Luis!
We started as a forum for tricks with tops thrown with a string, but there has been more and more interest in twirlers, so you came to the right place.
We like recycled tops!

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 11:54:16 AM »

Welcome, Luis! As a fellow finger top fancier, I also find repurposed tops a lot of fun. Especially liked the 1st one you showed.

My LEGO finger tops are sort of repurposed in that a top-making LEGO set has never been sold. But tens of thousands of distinct LEGO parts have been produced over the years, and the top designs you can make from them are seemingly endless

The same is surely true of all the parts salvageable from real-life gizmos.Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 12:07:10 PM by Jeremy McCreary »
Art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time ... and with spinning tops, we decorate both.
—after Jean-Michel Basquiat, 1960-1988

Everything in the world is strange and marvelous to well-open eyes.
—Jose Ortega y Gasset, 1883-1955

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 07:16:31 PM »

Welcome. This forum appears to be the top destination for top spinners of all kinds of tops.

Enjoy your stay, hope you're around for a LONG time!
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089