iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Blue Top Hot Sauce  (Read 2054 times)

silvertop

• ITSA Honor
  • Don Olney does his top show in Upstate New York
    • Toy Designer and Spinning Top Collector
Blue Top Hot Sauce
« on: September 11, 2017, 10:29:54 PM »

Haven't posted in a while, but this has to be shared!  I really don't add to my collection very often these days, but today was different.  My favorite collectibles have always been items that use spinning tops as part of some artwork, a logo, or other graphic.  Today I found a whole display in a local grocery store of Blue Top Hot Sauce.  I only bought the Creamy Street Sauce - not hot, but will go back tomorrow to get one of the Creamy Hot Sauce bottles - maybe some extras?  Maybe even check with the manager to see if I can score the actual display????

photo image hosting
Don Olney
1237 E. Main St.
Rochester, NY 14609
topman@rochester.rr.com

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: Blue Top Hot Sauce
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 11:26:45 PM »

Good to hear from you, Silvertop.  Looks like a good find.  I see it is from Austin, TX.  My wife is headed there the end of the month to see her oldest daughter (who has spun tops at the Burg top fest).  She could keep her eye out or there may be someone else in that area?!?!  It looks to me like that lid just might be able to spin!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 10:51:27 PM »

That's a nice logo and a little surprising for what looks like a new company (and perhaps of young people as it's implied by the photo on the About Us of their site www.bluetopbrand.com). Although, unlike Silvertop, I don't particularly collect logos with spintops, I wouldn't mind getting that display case. Our local supermarket chain is listed, so it shouldn't be very difficult to obtain.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 08:25:28 AM »

Ha ha!  He did get the display and now it made its way to Miamisburg.  It takes up a fair amount of space so I will have to think about how to have it out (on the ceiling?).