iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Eyyc 2017 (video added)  (Read 11714 times)

Hroch

• ITSA
Re: Eyyc 2017 (video added)
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2017, 11:19:04 AM »

Thanks guys for kind words  ;)

Official videos are here:

Some photos in the end of this gallery by Raphael Nowakowski.

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2017, 04:30:29 PM »

And our spintop album on FB.

Hrosik

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
  • Daniel Konecny
    • Spintop.cz
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2017, 05:29:04 PM »

Here are the photos of prizes for the first place. Beautiful pieces of art! Thanks ITSA and Strummol8!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2017, 09:05:06 PM »

I enjoyed very much watching the routines again from a different angle.

I could see the clock facing the judges: was there another one for the players? Jan was the only one who went over the minute allowed. Daniel gave up just 5 seconds but Jakub used less than what he could have.

I liked Attila's style, trying a routine with one arm behind the back. He looked at ease, not like this was his first time freestyling. You could tell by the tricks that he learned from the Mexicans. Was he using a Cometa King Cobra?
The "free-hand" Mach 5 of Jakub I think is new on a freestyle. It is a pity he missed 3 times that yo-yo trapeze trick. But he did some difficult stuff. Finishing each routine by catching the top behind the back was unique.
Daniel always looked in control, like he could not miss. The around-both-arms are difficult and he made it look easy. Ha, I think he did some drum rolls! (I never did on a freestyle) ;)

Very nice custom dye on that Giulia! I love it! Can you take the mini metal top from the glass bubble and spin it?

The photo of Jan and Jakub throwing high trapezes by the river (Danube?) could be entered in the photo contest.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:20:53 PM by ta0 »

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2017, 08:46:19 AM »

ta0: The trick I missed 3 times should have been a triangl. I've hit this trick almost everytime during practice  :D

You are right, Atilla was using Cometa King Cobra (bearing).

Clock was just for audience and judges.

Photo with Jan is taken on DevĂ­n Castle and the river is Danube  ;)

Attila

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2017, 01:56:37 PM »

Actually my top was a Cometa King Turbo but I think this was the last time I entered a competition with a Cometa now that I had a taste of Strummol8 tops :D I'm looking forward to buying some more of those. I'm going to have to get used to the longer string Daniel gave me (thanks again Daniel :) ), maybe I should stick to the length I used up until now and use the longer one for regeneration tricks. Any tips on that? :D

I would like to thank Mauricio for the prize and for the quick replacement bearings after I managed to brake one of them after a few throws! :D Thanks to Daniel and Jakub for replacing them! Thanks to everyone here for supporting me! And thanks for Christophe and the others for letting me play with their tops :D

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2017, 02:44:55 PM »

Hi all

I just wanted to thank Maurizio again for his timeless support

in fact all players used S8 except Attila >:D

if only you could see Mer-mouille's S8 : it's scratched from top to  bottom,with severe scars all over ... still plays well

;)

jim

"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2017, 10:42:54 PM »

Attila: you did great with the big top (looks like a JohnM rotomold) and the chonkakegoma! You are a fast learner! With respect to the length of string, I think you will have more trouble adapting to the regen tricks than non regen tricks. But you will soon feel comfortable.

I did not mention Christophe's (Mer-mouille's) T-shirt: I want one!  ;D

Hrosik

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
  • Daniel Konecny
    • Spintop.cz
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2017, 06:09:20 PM »

Jorge: I would say that behind the back stuff are way harder, no matter how much I practice them. I can nail around both arms without problems (also did on most of the freestyles in my life) but I missed behind the back tricks so many times on stage. :D
And the small top cannot be put out of the bubble or I just wasn't trying hard enough. But it would probably destroy it, so I'm going to leave this one on the shelf.

About the time restriction, we need to have some way of informing players that one minute passed. The only think that sounds reasonable to me is the commentator saying "Time." after one minute.

Attila: That string is about 180-190 cm long. We use this length normally but for now I would recommend you using 160-170 cm to get used to it and when you are comfortable with it and want to have your top spinning even faster (and also do some crazy corkscrew variations), use a bit longer one. I would only use one length of strings for all the tricks, it will make your play more consistent. But bear in mind that longer strings can always mess up some of your tricks, because they get easily caught somewhere bad.

Mouy actually said that he wanted to compete with new Giulia (almost without scratches) but he forgot that one at home, so he had only the old one Jim is talking about. We have some of our Giulias pretty damaged too but they're still spinning great. Quality of Strummol8 tops is just amazing.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2017, 12:10:12 PM »

Jorge: I would say that behind the back stuff are way harder, no matter how much I practice them. I can nail around both arms without problems (also did on most of the freestyles in my life) but I missed behind the back tricks so many times on stage. :D
Maybe my memory fails me, but I think I recall Jakub (who invented the trick) and you missing the double around the arm more than other tricks. I do the around-one-arm, but I need to practice the double arm.

Attila

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2017, 01:17:44 PM »

I got a good mark at school in PE for participating in EYYC :D how awesome is that? :P

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2017, 02:50:50 PM »

;D that's fantastic Attila !

consider going to worlds  : it will get you some more extra marks!

indeed : we, the ITSA, can host you in Iceland at a very cheap rate, providing you can afford the air ticket

keep in touch

mp: ta0 if you see a possibility

jim

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2017, 06:02:25 PM »

So happy to see people using spin tops for credit in educational situations.  I have been pushing spin top possibilities for Science Fairs around our area but have not made much headway.  Glad to see Attila get some much deserved extra points in PE class!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2017, 10:58:51 AM »

That is very neat, Attila. Is 5 the highest grade?

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2017, 11:08:30 AM »

Hi everyones, just for the fun here are the 2 giulia I have, as Daniel says, I played with my old one because I simply forgot the new one at home, as well as the modified QSH I've practiced the weeks before championship... :-[

As mentionned before, Giulia, scratched or not works in any case, I had just to put a new bearing and it works like new!
I was more disapointed by the QSH, I borrowed from Emmanuel, the cap weight change a lot... But that's not really the reason of my fail...
About the t-Shirt, I should see Dorian tonight I can ask if he still have any, but I doubt about this...