iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The magic of Spintops  (Read 1941 times)

Austen

• ITSA Jr.
The magic of Spintops
« on: October 18, 2016, 12:55:22 PM »

I don't know how many of you know this but I am in College. The teacher for my spanish class is from Peru. I assumed he may have at least seen a Trompo before since he lived in Peru for so long so this morning right after he got done teaching as the other students were leaving I pulled my white three inch hdpe spintop, made by my good friend Johnm, out of my bag and started doing a few tricks. The teacher's face instantly lit up and he began asking me questions and telling me stories about how he used to play with trompos as a child in Peru. He started telling me about a few games he and his friends used to play with Trompos and as he was talking I realized he was describing the battle tops game we have played at Worlds with the little blue tops where you try to smash the other players top. He also talked about playing the game where you try to move the coins with your top. He asked me if it was ok if at the end of the semester he videotaped me playing to show his friends. It was just so great to see him instantly turn back into a kid when he saw a spintop again! We instantly became friends! That my friends is the magic of spintops!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: The magic of Spintops
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 06:02:18 PM »

I agree!  There is indeed magic with these whirling devices.  Good thinking on making the connection with your professor and his background!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 12:42:25 AM »

Nice anecdote! Thanks for sharing it!

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 08:33:17 AM »

I think a great story and I want to tell you that whenever you take a spin yourself be something or something amazing happened to me happen very often

TROMPO MEXICO