iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A couple of retail finds  (Read 1520 times)

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
A couple of retail finds
« on: July 23, 2016, 01:14:33 AM »

A friend who works part time at a mall teaching yoyo on weekends went upstairs at this 2 level mall to a shop called Daiso Japan. I finally got there a couple of weekends ago and got these:

$1.50 each. I had to get to a hobby shop to get some wood discs(1.5") to make into buttons. The strings suck(very stiff, feel plastic-y). Wrapping is a bit difficult for me. I almost boomeranged the wood one, but my throw was crappy and I didn't feel like reaching down to catch it. I was too tired to fuss with the metal tip one. Currently I'm busy preparing for events so I'm not even going to mess with these more for a couple of weeks. But, if you want something cheap and fun, this might fit the bill.

They also sell a crappy pegged yoyo that I'm modifying later so it will work properly(replacing the dowel with a drilled hole as an axle) and 3-pack of upside down tops that are way fun and come in different colors.

That's a lot of fun for $6 right there!(Sales tax extra)

My wife visited San Jose the next weekend and she said at the mall there they did have the shop, but the selection there she said was bad.
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: A couple of retail finds
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 09:37:30 PM »

yeah boyeee!!! nice acquisitions!!!