iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New Chico yoyo co. Top  (Read 6723 times)

yollector

New Chico yoyo co. Top
« on: April 14, 2016, 09:31:23 PM »

Hi Guys ,
 Would there be any interest in a 3rd Chico top ?
If we were to make one ? Any suggestions would
be welcome. I would be delren . We can do what
is what people would like
          RFC

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: New Chico yoyo co. Top
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 09:44:34 PM »

i personally have never thrown one so i may be talking out my butt here but i think a new top design needs to have a way of make fast the tip so it doesnt move, dont get me wrong im quite happy with my sink gaskets but it would be nice not to have to  ::)

also i am a firm believer in metal, this delrin bussiness while balanced as it may be its not very durable  ???

well theres my 2 cents worth........but its canadian cents so its only worth about 1 1/2 cents........i am sorry
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:27:26 AM by Jack »

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 04:34:09 AM »

Copy Ripcord or Strummol8 body - copy the tips Cecil makes. Make top with body and crown. Top is four inch diamenter and weighs 13 oz. No Bearing. A black top like this - you will have to charge at least $150.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 03:49:23 PM by cecil »

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 08:55:45 PM »

It's true that black tops are pretty. However I often play in the twilight (after work) so a black top will sit on the bag and rarely see the light (or lack of).

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 10:02:33 PM »

It's true that black tops are pretty. However I often play in the twilight (after work) so a black top will sit on the bag and rarely see the light (or lack of).

answer: glow in the dark spintop @-@

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 10:39:47 PM »

this delrin bussiness while balanced as it may be its not very durable  ???

WAT

Delrin not durable? You... 'splian please.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 09:29:20 PM »

Your living room / tool shed is MOST impressive, but the only delrin top that would be vulnerable in such an environment is perhaps the STB 2.0 (because the machinist made the cap too thin in the snapping area.)  A Giulia or a Chico 2.0 would not break on those manly things.

Outside the is a much more formidable surface; concrete.  For my taters, I much prefer delrin over concrete instead of aluminum.  Much easier to sand out scratches.

topper777

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 07:07:16 PM »

I agree with neff. My s8 stb 2.o has a Crack at the crown.however the guilia and the Chico 2.0 are 1 piece making them virtually Crack resistant.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 03:15:05 AM »

hello
i would go for a 4 inch delrin :
it's a size with which one can handle all the tricks
 plus it would give a much better visibility
I would go for a series with  basic colours and a number like billard balls
about the price range : between 100 and 200 $ would seem fair considering the quality of previous chico tops

i would even be ready to participate on a crowd-funding process

i hope the project takes off :D

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Sabaspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 07:40:25 AM »

i would go for a 4 inch delrin..
jim

I second that.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 10:18:52 AM »

i would go for a 4 inch delrin..
jim

I second that.
A 4 inch top machined from delrin would probably be prohibitively expensive. Maybe a 3" top?

i think a new top design needs to have a way of make fast the tip so it doesnt move, dont get me wrong im quite happy with my sink gaskets but it would be nice not to have to  ::)
I agree. I have thought for a while that we need a top with an easy system to clamp down a bearing tip to make it fixed tip. It should be done without tools nor it should require taking out and putting back nuts: just pressing an internal button or something like that would be ideal.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:35:52 AM by ta0 »

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 11:03:21 AM »

i think a new top design needs to have a way of make fast the tip so it doesnt move, dont get me wrong im quite happy with my sink gaskets but it would be nice not to have to  ::)
I agree. I have thought for a while that we need a top with an easy system to clamp down a bearing tip to make it fixed tip. It should be done without tools nor by taking out and put back nuts: just pressing an internal button or something like that would be ideal.

lock-wingnut maybe??? it would have equal weight on both sides woudnt it???

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 12:33:35 AM »

The original Chico top and me have some issues, but I think it's the spacer is just too big. I think you guys need to take a look at it. It plays good but the tip keeps nudging out and it bugs me. Give me a solution to fix it and I'll try it.

The 2.0, I'd say make a bit bigger but not by much. I like the shape. The tip.... not so much. The flare is fantastic but the edges are sharp, so they'd need to be softened up a bit. A touch more crown weight relative to the size, and a taller ridge or whatever for wrapping the string onto and smooth it out on the inside so it doesn't look threaded.

I'd also like to see it sold as a kit with either multiple parts or multiple tips so it an play fixed, bearing or one-way. It doesn't have to be like the S8 STB3.0, I'm fine with having to use tools to take it apart(or you can provide them) and configure it the way I want. I'd probably end up buying 2, 1 for fixed and one for bearing. I'm not into one-way bearing play yet as my skills don't merit it(I can't regen yet, not ready to learn just yet but getting closer every day). Or, maybe some sort of lock-down gimmick like the S8 Love tops use to convert from bearing to fixed via the cap.

Or perhaps a shape like the one this article. The guy with the top is my friend Joseph Pallagi of Eternal Throw.
http://www.yoyoskills.com/?p=14317

I just like the shape and the look and would love to have a bearing and fixed tip set of tops like this.
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 09:17:19 PM »

Give me a solution to fix it and I'll try it.

....sink gaskets solve all of lifes problems bruh @-@