iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Rochester juggling  (Read 15623 times)

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
Re: Rochester juggling
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2016, 03:55:25 PM »

What a great set of photos, thanks for posting these. 

Next year....

Next year the RIT Spring Juggle-In promises to be something even more special than usual; it will be the fortieth annual!  I hope we can have even more forum members there than we had this year (8)....

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2016, 06:10:23 PM »

What a great time being with fellow top spinners, although it was cold and windy outside it was a perfectly warm weekend spending it with them.   8)

Thanks Don Olney, Don (mailman), David, Lynn, Owen, Jason and Jim!

What a treat rummaging through all the boxes holding hidden treasures in Don’s facility. 
I’ve now spent 3, 8 hour days, searching those boxes and could easily spend another week without exhausting the possibilities of discovery. 
As Jim said…”If you ever get the opportunity to visit you won't be disappointed.”

Here is a photo of Don in a national magazine. I for get which one.

It was Scientific America I believe.

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2016, 07:37:04 PM »

I am sooooo disappointed I could not make it this year. Just a little overwhelmed by events this past 14 months. I will start planning now for next year.
Practice hard and play safe.

JNeff

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2016, 08:13:47 PM »

Here are a few more pictures
If its worth doing.....its worth overdoing

JNeff

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2016, 08:15:22 PM »

more

JNeff

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2016, 08:43:20 PM »

more

SpinLynn

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2016, 09:15:15 PM »

I so enjoyed seeing so many spinners in Rochester! Thank you everyone...  Larry for inviting me to THE warehouse. Don for allowing me to be there. Jim for letting me use his ropes. Everyone for for throwing and suggesting. What fun. I wonder how long it will take for the bruise to disappear from trying my hand at the big John top! I will try again next time. The pictures are great and help me with names and faces.

Question about the Hornet spin top. Someone mentioned it is on sale. It has a diabolo tip. Would that be good for learning regeneration? Or would it be better to go with a Quicksilver fixed tip? It has the same shaped tip. It seems to me that someone told me someone said for regeneration the top with horizontal lower lip was better (looks like this this but not with a bearing: http://spintastics.com/products/trompo-bearing-spin-top)

Watts' Tops

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
    • www.wattstops.com
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2016, 10:17:59 PM »

Thanks Don for allowing all the top pictures.  Truly a top lovers Paradise.  Did see a blue Watts' Top in the mix.  Makes it special.
Watts' Tops
Prov. 3:5-6

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2016, 12:04:38 AM »

Did see a blue Watts' Top in the mix.  Makes it special.

is that a thing??? a white whale of tops?!?!?  @-@

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2016, 09:57:15 AM »

It is so exciting to see this festival take off for top spinners.  Love the pictures and the stories as they all bring back warm memories of my one visit there a few years ago.  I dream of going back.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2016, 10:26:29 AM »

David and I will both be at Miamisburg again this year.
Just sayin'....   ;)

I'll be at the spintop (and yo-yo  ;) ) World Contest in Cleveland just 2 week prior. I will also try to make it to Miamisburg and Cincinnati on that trip. But Mike's festival is too close for me to make a second trip to the great state of Ohio.

Thanks Don for allowing all the top pictures.  Truly a top lovers Paradise.  Did see a blue Watts' Top in the mix.  Makes it special.

I cannot find a blue Watts' on the photos. But last time I was there there was a very prominent 8" white and pink Watts. However, #63 disappeared afterwards  ;)

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2016, 01:00:41 PM »

so many tops at Don' s Hide Out !! ;D ;D

thanx for the reports 8)

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2016, 11:03:05 AM »

I'll try, yet again, to post pictures from the festival.  I've been having trouble getting them to actually post....

Failed again.  I think the photo files are too big.  I'll try to transfer them from my tablet to my laptop, where I think I can manipulate the file size.  It'll have to wait until later, as I'm off to the festival again.

We're having a great time, and much spinning has taken place!

Progress report:  I have managed to get the group photo transferred from my tablet to my laptop, via email.  The file size is 1MB, which is too large to post here.  The next challenge is getting the image resized.  I'm not very good with technology, but I will continue trying....

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2016, 11:17:03 AM »

I'll try, yet again, to post pictures from the festival.  I've been having trouble getting them to actually post....

Failed again.  I think the photo files are too big.  I'll try to transfer them from my tablet to my laptop, where I think I can manipulate the file size.  It'll have to wait until later, as I'm off to the festival again.

We're having a great time, and much spinning has taken place!

Progress report:  I have managed to get the group photo transferred from my tablet to my laptop, via email.  The file size is 1MB, which is too large to post here.  The next challenge is getting the image resized.  I'm not very good with technology, but I will continue trying....

we shall wait expentantly with open hearts for that excelent piece of spintop history  :o