iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: started some official "toggling" action on this first day of December  (Read 7998 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: started some official "toggling" action on this first day of December
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 07:25:54 PM »

Congrats Mike! But I suspect you were like those performers that wobble or drop to make it look more difficult but actually could have done it on the first try without trouble . . .  ;)

I wish I had your workout ethic!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 06:06:22 PM »

I did some hurdling today and was not too excited about how I felt.  It kind of wiped me out more than I thought it would!  Then I looked back on the old topspinning.com board and saw that on 3/20/09 I went over 30 hurdles with the top spinning........and that appeared to be my best.  Well, maybe I shouldn't be too hard on myself as I did 34 today after a couple of rough attempts.  I've just got to get some more conditioning in now that the snow is off the track.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 08:13:17 PM »

38!

agentsac

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 07:04:47 AM »

wow, you really are progressing fast!

something i just learned: the flying pig is the "official" animal of cincinnati and they even have a flying pig marathon (half-, 10K, 5K, etc.)
have you though about running a race? or have you?

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 06:09:19 PM »

Dagnabbit!!!  I was part way over my 40th hurdle and the top fell over.  At least I can take heart in doing 39 but I really wanted that number 40.

Yes, the flying pig is a big marathon (and other distances) in Cincinnati.  We are about an hour north of there but lots of people from this area run that race.  I'm not much of a distance runner anymore.  And besides that, my bearing top only goes about a minute at a time so distance races aren't much fun (stopping and starting, people in the way, other runners jostling you etc.).  The mile has been a fun challenge but I do it on a track with no others around.

agentsac

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 06:17:43 PM »

i used to race all the time. trying to get back in better condition so i don't embarrass myself if i try another race. i've already got a couple marathons under my belt (but i'm not telling you my time, heh).

i recently met bill giduz, an accomplished joggler. i've been working on three balls and honestly i don't know how people can run an juggle at the same time, let alone throw tops!

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 12:48:09 PM »

i recently met bill giduz, an accomplished joggler. i've been working on three balls and honestly i don't know how people can run an juggle at the same time, let alone throw tops!

Not to get to much off topic, but Bill Giduz can teach you a whole lot about joggling.  He practically invented it and has run many a race at the IJA festivals.  He was also the editor of Jugglers World magazine for many a year.  A very nice guy and very knowledgeable.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 06:21:03 PM »

Yes, Bill Gudiz is one great guy.  I can't say enough good things about him!!!