iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Day of the Death top spinning  (Read 6216 times)

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Day of the Death top spinning
« on: November 01, 2015, 12:10:33 AM »

Today we went to the cemetary to see the day of the dead. I got my face painted and threw my top. Had a great time.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 03:54:55 PM by cecil »

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: Day of the Death top spinning
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 02:25:28 AM »

Today we went the cemetary to see the day of the dead. I got my face painted and threw my top. Had a great time.

cecil ur too spooky for me sometimes @-@

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 03:02:06 AM »

So much fun.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 10:54:50 AM »

Great photos!
Do they really have a festival on the cemetery grounds?  :-\  :o

I am ashamed to say that I did not do any Halloween themed spinning this year.  Here are some images we have posted in the past:

Richie should have some good ones  ;)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 11:10:38 AM »

Now that I am thinking more clearly (I went to a costume party yesterday night), today November 1st is celebrated Día de los Muertos - Day of the Death in the US. So I am still in time to do some spooky spinning!

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 03:54:10 PM »

Yes they have it at the cemetery. It was so much fun and it was free. The face painting was $10.00 and I put on a little Trompo show on the side. My wife's parents have plots there so it works out perfect. To me this is a day of Mexican Heritage and the Trompo fits in PERFECT. The  lady who painted my face ran over and did a nice hand scoop and had a big smile.

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 04:11:52 PM »

Day of the dead. DANCE

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 08:21:18 PM »

Dancing in a cemetery! Wow!

Yes, playing trompo is perfect for a Día de los Muertos!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 02:30:07 AM »

I hear there was a parade of some sort here in the Dayton area, but I was busy with our worship services and missed it.  Oddly enough, it felt like a special holiday around here as everyone was talking about the Cincinnati Bengals football team.  Since they are undefeated and playing the rival Pittsburgh Steelers everything stopped this afternoon while the game was on.  The connection with the day of the dead is that this team was considered dead a few years ago!!!

I need a Bengal top for the games.  I also need some day of the dead tops ready to go for next year.

By the way, nice face paint Cecil.  It certainly does make you look spooky!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 05:57:51 AM »

ah ah ! Cecil ! great low-key fun :!!considering the open atmosphere of the place (music,stands,etc..)

the cemeteries are full of flowers here in Ajaccio ,and candles too and singing and reading texts and praying....time for remembering and mourn

jim

ps:     I ' m back on-line now!

"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 09:23:09 PM »

Yes and my Daughter hand painted the Pumpkin. I was strutting around so proud of my Pumpkin, and with the two BEAUTIFUL WOMEN in my life.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 11:15:33 AM »

After reading around a bit about this, it seems to make more and more sense.  Day of the Dead celebrations serve a practical purpose (as well as an emotional one) as they use this time to clean up the cemeteries and the graves.  Here is some of what I found......

"The Day of the Dead is celebrated in both public and private spaces. It is most often celebrated in homes and graveyards. 
In homes, people create altars to honor their deceased loved ones. In some places it is common to allow guests to enter the house to view the altar.  In graveyards, families clean the graves of their loved ones, which they then decorate with flowers, photos, candles, foods and drinks. People stay up all night in the graveyards, socializing and telling funny stories about their dead ancestors. Musicians are hired to stroll through the graveyard, playing the favorite songs of the dead.  In the public sphere, Day of the Dead celebrations can also take the form of street parties, parades, and festivals on university campuses with lots of top spinning."

Well, maybe I added those last five words.

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
SKULL SPIN TOP TROMPO CALAVERA DIA DE MUERTOS
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 11:40:42 AM »

SALUDOS  LES  COMPARTO UN DIBUJO EL CUAL ME TARDE  COMO 3 HORAS  POR LOS DETALLES DE LOS OJOS   SON TROMPOS PEQUEÑOS  LA NARIZ    LOS  OJOS   TODO  CASI   PERO  BUENO  UN POCO DE FOLKLOR MEXICANO

GREETINGS LES SHARE ME A PICTURE WHICH TAKES 3 HOURS AS FOR DETAILS OF EYES ARE SPINNING SMALL NOSE ALMOST ALL EYES BUT SOME GOOD MEXICAN FOLKLORE ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TROMPO MEXICO

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: SKULL SPIN TOP TROMPO CALAVERA DIA DE MUERTOS
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2016, 02:39:10 PM »

SALUDOS  LES  COMPARTO UN DIBUJO EL CUAL ME TARDE  COMO 3 HORAS  POR LOS DETALLES DE LOS OJOS   SON TROMPOS PEQUEÑOS  LA NARIZ    LOS  OJOS   TODO  CASI   PERO  BUENO  UN POCO DE FOLKLOR MEXICANO

GREETINGS LES SHARE ME A PICTURE WHICH TAKES 3 HOURS AS FOR DETAILS OF EYES ARE SPINNING SMALL NOSE ALMOST ALL EYES BUT SOME GOOD MEXICAN FOLKLORE ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

that is really cool  :o

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2016, 02:46:54 PM »

thanks  jack    saludos
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up