iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: MEXICAN TROMPOS!!!  (Read 74776 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: MEXICAN TROMPOS!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 11:01:43 AM »

That is one great picture, Jorge.  I'll bet your wife loved walking around them while you were sorting them out.  She's a good sport along with your boys who did a good job of not messing up your piles while you were working.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 12:55:08 AM »

:-X

Mm, the truth is that at 2AM they were not around!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 11:27:46 PM »

Thanks to Don, Jeromy, Trevor, Poptop, Yophosis, Agentsac, Yocephus, Maurizio, Cinci crew and Romano911 for ordering Salvador's trompos.  Trevor's left Thursday, the rest are bagged, almost ready to go tomorrow. Santa is coming to town!

Thanks to Don I found out that if you pay by Paypal for "personal debt" instead of paying for goods or services, using a Paypal balance or directly from your bank (no credit card), Paypal does not charge a fee.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:00:01 AM by ta0 »

agentsac

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 08:04:48 AM »

awesome! thanks again ta0. also, this is my...

100th POST!

silvertop

• ITSA Honor
  • Don Olney does his top show in Upstate New York
    • Toy Designer and Spinning Top Collector
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 08:47:21 AM »

ooo, ooo,,ooo - which bag is mine????? ;D
Don Olney
1237 E. Main St.
Rochester, NY 14609
topman@rochester.rr.com

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 09:56:08 AM »

The secret is out.  Ta0 is SanTOP Claus!  ;)

kevinm

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 12:24:11 PM »

thank you and Salvador for all the effort to get these out. at a time when most stores and
websites are discontinuing tops, you two opened up a whole new market that would be out of reach for me.
i would guess you want to move all of those to make this effort worth while for you and Salvador.
my top fund is directly linked to my crisis fund, which has been kinda (well used?) the last couple months. hopefully i can get back in my usual rut again soon. will you keep open a thread on what you have available as your inventory drops?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 02:20:47 PM »

Thanks

These tops come from a stash Salvador has been building for several years, sometimes buying the last tops on discontinued models he liked. So many of the tops I am sending are collectibles now. In fact, at least one of the brands doesn't exist anymore (Premier since around 2002, and probably also Trompo Sport). Part of my motivation is to help him move some of this stock. But I also couldn't pass up the opportunity to have first crack at getting cool tops :-) But now I need to move the largest quantity as fast as I can because I have my wife on my back . . .

Anyway, this is a one time deal, except that Salvador will send me a smaller number of bearing and jumbo tops. Once a particular model is gone, I will not have it again.

I am keeping a spreadsheet with the tops I am sending out so I will be able to update the tops left soon.

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 03:17:22 PM »

Hi!!
 thanks to all!!!
Some models of some brands are still available, but brands like Cometa, only sell and send tops into large, big, huge quantities to other countries and are much more expensive. You can see the prices of the cometa models that are sold in Spain and you will notice that ta0 is selling them cheaper.
Altough some branda are still working, almost all the models of Cinco Estrellas I send to ta0 are discontinued since several years ago; new models have appeared, but I don`t like them so much. Now`s tops don`t have the quality of years before.
The alien brand currently don`t fabricate tops. Maybe  until the next year they will produce.
Extrem only produces tops one time every year or two years.

Besides to select models and brands, by myself, I checked, I reviewed top by top in order the player can play them well.
Most of times, a lot of tops are fabricated with a non-good tip to play.
All the tips of these tops, I reviewd personnally and I tested every top. We can say I did myself my own "quality control".

The string could be a little wide (gruesa) for the tops. Is this way,  `cos the kids bind the top constlanty many hours and a thin cord will wear (se desgastarìa) so soon, quickly. I like to use a thiner anf fine (fina) to play these tops.

Personally, I reccomend to play with these tops in order you can improve yur game and style. I suppouse you are so much get used to play with large and heavier tops, and at the beggining, you can feel and to perceive strange and even unknown the way you play these tops.
BUt I must say that to play with these kind of tops helped me to increase my skill and to get better, to excel, to improve my ability.
In these days, I will post some videos in which I play with these same tops you will be acquire.
Greetings to all and thanks again.

SATOR
                                    AREPO
                                    TENET
                                    OPERA
                                    ROTAS

kevinm

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2009, 01:22:49 PM »

yay! tops in the mail today!
thanks again guys.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2009, 02:12:16 PM »

I am glad the tops are arriving  ;D
Those who already ordered should receive the tops today or tomorrow (except Trevor and MrYo whose tops are on the way but who knows when will they arrive). Don: I couldn't make the Shreiber DVD because of technical problems but I will soon have a new burner and I will send you a "fancier" version.

silvertop

• ITSA Honor
  • Don Olney does his top show in Upstate New York
    • Toy Designer and Spinning Top Collector
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2009, 07:57:48 PM »

:) ;) :D ;D 8)

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2009, 12:08:08 PM »

I should really reconsider having a package like this sent to my work address.  I hope I don't get fired.

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 01:54:46 PM »

Can't wait, can't wait...

Maurizio

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2009, 02:37:32 PM »

Wow!!  When you pull the big bag of tops from the box it looks like a bunch of Christmas tree lights (the bigger nightlight style bulb I remember, not the tiny modern ones).
Hmmm, maybe battle tops with Christmas tree light bulbs could be a new seasonal tradition. ???

Thanks to Salvador for sharing his inventory and thanks to Ta0 for all the distribution efforts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up