iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: World's 2016 in the US  (Read 7734 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: World's 2016 in the US
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 11:06:53 AM »

There is a discussion on the yoyoexpert yo-yo board about the location of the 2016 world yo-yo contest: Worlds 2016. Nothing has been decided yet, but you will be happy, Mike, that Steve Brown prepared a proposal for Cleveland as the site  ;)

But, will the world spintop contest take place together with the world yo-yo contest next year? Probably, but it is not a sure thing. Right now there is the risk that the spintop freestyles in Tokyo are canceled because of lack of international players registering  :'(

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 01:34:25 PM »

Right now there is the risk that the spintop freestyles in Tokyo are canceled because of lack of international players registering  :'(

my heart fell  :-[

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 04:29:46 PM »

But

the  future board of ITSA are working hard on the topic ;D >:(
we have planned solutions to make up for the lack of international competitors:

more info to come......... :-X

jim

"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 11:08:06 AM »

"Lack of international players?"  That never seemed to be a factor in the championships held in the US!  If there are a lot of Japanese players, this is their time to shine.  I hope we can get other countries represented in Tokyo but we can't talk about not having the championship.

The discussion on the yoyoexpert board is interesting.  It sounds like Steve Brown is really serious about his Cleveland proposal.  Hope it pans out because I think he and his crew would do a good job.  I am not excited about Cleveland because it would be in my state (as many on that thread discussion are).  Actually, it is not much farther for me to go to Chicago or Pittsburgh or St. Louis.  To be honest, I am willing to go to Orlando again, if I can work it out time wise.

Anyway, thanks for the info for 2016.  I need it to keep me focused on my spinning efforts.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:11:32 AM by the Earl of Whirl »
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up