iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Silver Bullet  (Read 2857 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
The Silver Bullet
« on: November 24, 2009, 08:31:29 PM »

This is the "mini hollow point" I got from Javier. The name is "Bala de Plata" which translates as Silver Bullet. He says that after many years of only making wooden tops this was the first one they produced in a different material. He says most have been sold to collectors from Spain and he has very few left.

It is 60 mm tall and 48 mm wide (without the O-ring). It looks very much like a miniature HP except the walls are relatively much thicker (6 mm). It weighs about 55 gr. The tip is steel

It is a sweet little top that plays like a bigger top due to its relative heft. It is very nice for snap start as it fits the hand nicely but has good inertia at low speeds. I can see carrying this top in my pocket . . .

Javier says he is plans to make new metal tops with a different technology. They will have thin anodized walls, be "perfectly balanced" and as light-weight as plastic ones. I guess Trompos Space is here to stay . . .

« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 08:33:00 PM by ta0 »

Trevor

• Gold Member
Re: The Silver Bullet
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 08:44:29 PM »

wow, that's  a very sweet looking little top! envious, wish i could get my hands on one too.  :D

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
Re: The Silver Bullet
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 11:14:25 AM »

I love mine. But I eliminate the rubber ring. Play smooth. I own a non-hollow prototipe. Difficult to boomerang but incredible to play.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro