iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Pacemaker for Don Olney  (Read 7978 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: Pacemaker for Don Olney
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 10:42:25 AM »

anybody know anything yet?

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 11:07:41 AM »

Don reports everything went OK. Here's his latest Facebook post:

'Going home in a while. EKG good. X-ray says the wires are in the right spot, and the monitor machine says the computer thingy in my chest has "paced" me a few times already. That means my improved feeling is not an illusion? Will reduce frequency of updates now'

So it sounds like he's doing fine (considering).

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 11:16:06 AM »

Don reports everything went OK. Here's his latest Facebook post:

'Going home in a while. EKG good. X-ray says the wires are in the right spot, and the monitor machine says the computer thingy in my chest has "paced" me a few times already. That means my improved feeling is not an illusion? Will reduce frequency of updates now'

So it sounds like he's doing fine (considering).

thats good to hear, thanks  ;)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 06:29:40 PM »

Wow!  How great to hear an update so quickly.  Thanks.

Don Olney with more energy?  Hmmmm......
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

yollector

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 07:51:54 PM »

Sounds good so far.
 Best wishes !
     RFC

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2015, 08:17:31 PM »

Wonderful news to read!  :)

Rick, thanks for finding and posting Don’s update for us.

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2015, 10:46:40 PM »

Never a doubt, so good to hear!!!!!!!!!
Practice hard and play safe.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 11:59:27 AM »

Wonderful Don! Very happy!  :)

silvertop

• ITSA Honor
  • Don Olney does his top show in Upstate New York
    • Toy Designer and Spinning Top Collector
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2015, 10:11:46 AM »

Much thanks to Jack and Lincolnrick for passing on my Facebook posting, and apologies for not posting here sooner.  Yes - I am back home and feeling quite good!  The machine has evidently "paced" me a few times so far.  If my pulse drops below 60 it automatically takes over and keeps me at 80 for 2 minutes, and then lets my regular system take over again.  This is totally un-noticeable most of the time, but I did have one incident where I felt like I was at the beginning of one of my syncope spells, but within a few seconds the feeling began to pass, and I felt much better after a few minutes.  This is a very big change from my old "drop out on the floor" spells, so I am very pleased.  No driving for at least another week, and no bike riding for about 5 more weeks?  My wife and I will be most pleased when the no driving thing is lifted!  My main problem is all this lovely weather and I can't ride my bike!  No  way I'm going to beat last years 1781 miles.  Time I get back on my bike I will be about 750 miles behind!  The restrictions are basically to avoid lifting my left arm above the shoulder so I won't pull the wires in my heart out of position!  They have nice little grappling hooks on the end, but the Doc wants scar tissue to grow and lock the wires in place.  Right now I'm on hold with the maker of my laser that we cut all our toys and artwork on to be sure there will not be any interference with the electronics of my new friend!  Otherwise, all that microwave stuff, etc. is no problem.  I am going to get a bluetooth phone thingy because I'm not supposed to have the phone within 6 inches of the pacemaker.  Note - I just talked to the laser folks and the guy seemed to have no information, so if any of you technical folks have any suggestions, I would love any imput!
Don Olney
1237 E. Main St.
Rochester, NY 14609
topman@rochester.rr.com

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2015, 10:45:31 AM »

Thanks for the update. Yours is a bit different than mine, it keeps my heart rate above 70 all the time. Please follow the restrictions, don't screw it up and have to go back again. Mine dose not hummmm, nor click, nor hurt so I don't know that it is working until I check the heart rate. Hope your gives you no problems either.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 11:42:58 AM »

good news !! thanx Don for the update

wishing you a pleasant adjustment to the new device

jim

ps :"do androids dream of electric sheep ?" ;)
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2015, 04:47:48 PM »

Great news, Don!  I'm pleased to hear that you are up and around, and adjusting.  When you feel up to it, feel free to visit us again at the juggling club, any Sunday afternoon at the Village Gate.  We'd love to see you, and could spend some time solving the world's problems (which is what my wife calls it when old guys hang out and talk)....

silvertop

• ITSA Honor
  • Don Olney does his top show in Upstate New York
    • Toy Designer and Spinning Top Collector
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2015, 09:30:27 PM »

Finally got info from both the laser manufacturer, and from the pacemaker manufacturer, that the radio frequency stuff coming from the laser is minimal, and staying 6" away is fine.  Since the laser itself is in the back of the machine, I would have to crawl underneath and around back to get close enough to it to cause a problem. So my making of things is going to continue for a while. 

I don't remember if I have mentioned this before, but I am blogging about the history of The Toycrafter - go to http://thetoycrafter.blogspot.com/

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2015, 08:30:56 AM »

great to hear your back up n about mr olney. your blog is very interesting i hope you continue it, your "accident" intrigues me  ;)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2015, 10:06:57 AM »

Great that you have been giving the green light to get close to the laser.
Very interesting the blog. I look forward to when you get to the spinning tops part.