iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: detailed game instructions.........i think  (Read 2406 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
detailed game instructions.........i think
« on: March 17, 2015, 09:33:17 PM »

can anyone tell me the jist of what this fine fellow says?  :-[

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
Re: detailed game instructions.........i think
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 10:29:50 PM »

The man has some skills!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 11:51:20 AM »

He says that 4 or 5 kids would get together after school to play tops. They started by deciding for how many tops they would play, between 1 and 3, and they placed them at the center of a big circle (he doesn't say who provided the tops). He calls the circle something like "cardereta", I am not sure, instead of the most common name is Spanish, "troya".  They pick sticks to determine the order. If it is your turn you throw at the tops. If you hit one out of the circle, it is yours. If you don't but your top continues spinning, you can scoop it with your hand and while standing outside the circle you can try to hit one of the tops out. If your top doesn't hit a top or spin, you lose your turn.

He seems to be from the Canary Islands, that Spanish enclave in front of the coast of Morocco/Western Sahara.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 05:11:10 PM »

He says that 4 or 5 kids would get together after school to play tops. They started by deciding for how many tops they would play, between 1 and 3, and they placed them at the center of a big circle (he doesn't say who provided the tops). He calls the circle something like "cardereta", I am not sure, instead of the most common name is Spanish, "troya".  They pick sticks to determine the order. If it is your turn you throw at the tops. If you hit one out of the circle, it is yours. If you don't but your top continues spinning, you can scoop it with your hand and while standing outside the circle you can try to hit one of the tops out. If your top doesn't hit a top or spin, you lose your turn.

He seems to be from the Canary Islands, that Spanish enclave in front of the coast of Morocco/Western Sahara.

thank you very much ta0 for the translation!