iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: new neffy footage!  (Read 8116 times)

WaxyAxle

Re: new neffy footage!
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 10:32:43 PM »

I am kind of like you Mike, I really like throwing both yo-yos and tops but I can rarely sit through an entire video of either one.  It is usually the attitude of the performer that can make it bearable and the music that will get me to turn it off immediately.

Hey Chris, I can always watch you on video and I recently saw you listed on the Duncan Crew site but with no info or anything.  Do you have a current affiliation with them or are you purely alumni status?

http://duncancrew.org/players/profile.php?id=145

Sweet pic by the way!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 11:06:12 PM by ta0 »

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 12:13:04 AM »

Thanks for the link, poptop (and the props!).  I too left a comment trying to show "the light"

Mike - When I awoke from my skill toy coma and watched today's players doin' their stuff, I was blown away, but... the tricks got all small and knotty - hard to watch three minutes of that if you can't tell the difference from one trick to the next.  Same for spintops, though - three minutes of regenerations with subtle variances to the untrained eye is equally difficult.  Now, I realy haven't seen a solid three minutes of either example, but I think the best performers of either skill employ variety to entertain all types of audiences.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 12:22:57 AM »

Hey Chris, I can always watch you on video and I recently saw you listed on the Duncan Crew site but with no info or anything.  Do you have a current affiliation with them or are you purely alumni status?
[url]http://duncancrew.org/players/profile.php?id=145/url]
Sweet pic by the way!
Just alumni (perfect term, BTW).  I suppose I'm not "crew" 'cause I haven't really done anything in the buiz for 9-ish years.  Makes sense.  Posted the pic for kicks (it's really nice, isn't it?  I look nothing like that anymore).

Jeromy K.

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 02:55:18 AM »

I saw your video made Chris Allen's Blog YoYoskills, that is cool. Way to go keep up the good work.

agentsac

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 04:40:41 PM »

you mean alumnus. alumni is plural.
:)

Trevor

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 08:46:53 PM »

Chris!!! I love that off-string toss followed by some sort of elevator move near the end of the video (before the freehand stunt)!  Simply awesome!
 ;D

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 01:01:22 AM »

Chris!!! I love that off-string toss followed by some sort of elevator move near the end of the video (before the freehand stunt)!  Simply awesome!
 ;D
Yes! Thanks! luv that trick - hard as hell, though. It's a P213 trick - off string throw, mount to top tip, because of the crazy spin and the small string, you gan get quite a bit of speed going up the string.  I land it one out of... oh, 76 times  ;D

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 03:47:37 AM »

Hectic !! ;)

very fine glissando arm moves , i like your posture too :
easy-hefty pumpings !

jolly good  neffy !

jim