iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New Cometa Diamante  (Read 3960 times)

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
New Cometa Diamante
« on: February 12, 2014, 09:22:24 PM »

I just received a box of Cometa tops.  The New Diamante has the facets on outside.  The clear one is so very beautiful spinning in the hand.  One would think that the facets would mess up play, but I have not noticed much difference between it and the Cometa Cobra. (at least not at my level of play)

Juan

Re: New Cometa Diamante
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 12:11:45 PM »

Hi Kirk,

Where did you get them? I' going to be in Leon Mexico next week and Houston, TX during the weekend, do you have any source nearby? I tried the contact page on their website, but I haven't had any luck!

Thanks!

j

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 04:30:56 PM »

The New Diamante has the facets on outside

I am thinking that Cometa might have switched back and forth with facets on the Diamante over the years?

Ta0, any insights on that?

Back in July of 2011 I picked up a couple of faceted Cometa Diamante Negro tops from Omar (pplgrande).

Here are the photos:

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 05:20:20 PM »

The New Diamante has the facets on outside

I am thinking that Cometa might have switched back and forth with facets on the Diamante over the years?

Ta0, any insights on that?

Back in July of 2011 I picked up a couple of faceted Cometa Diamante Negro tops from Omar (pplgrande).

The regular Diamante model had internal facets and a smooth outer surface.  On the 2010 campaign in Spain they came up with prize tops for their contests (with gold, silver and bronze caps) that had outer facets (but were not named Diamante). The first Diamante Negro I saw were the ones pplgrande got in 2011.  Being black those "diamonds" could not have had the facets inside. By the way, the model Prisma from Super Trompo already had the external facets.

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 11:40:21 PM »

Where did you get them?
Juan,
I found this seller on eBay.
Send her an eBay message. If you buy several she will allow you to pick colors.  It takes a few weeks for the shipments to get to the US.  Perhaps she can get you a price for sending them home since you are short on time.
Kirk
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251434931403
http://www.ebay.com/usr/made-in-mexico-2013

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 12:15:37 AM »

i cant figure out how that thing could be balanced with that sort of design  ???

Daveid

• ITSA Jr.
  • pinwheels
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 11:43:11 PM »

i cant figure out how that thing could be balanced with that sort of design  ???

spinning a coin on it's side seems pretty balanced... dice on any of their points... a twelve or a twenty sided die spins pretty good... seems like a similar shape... those tops look kinda like (but not exactly) truncated hexadecahedrons (not that there's a die of that, it's more of an egg-like shape if i'm thinking correctly)
like I always say:dead monkeys don't fly on sticks.

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 11:06:03 PM »

I finally got some photos made.
Kirk

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 11:02:46 AM »

The clear body does give it a true diamond look on those pictures!

Unfortunately, my wife would not accept it . . .  ::)