iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: clubs passing IJA 2013  (Read 2323 times)

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
clubs passing IJA 2013
« on: September 08, 2013, 11:59:20 AM »

very good show and great skills

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: clubs passing IJA 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 03:56:46 PM »

Ha!  The Pastels, you say?  Sadly, I only knew them as the four Japanese guys practicing like crazy at the end of the room.  They are hard workers and nice guys.  I watched them for a while and shook their hands but had no idea exactly how amazing they were.  They were one of the highlights for me as I attended the IJA fest for one day in Bowling Green, Ohio.

Next year the IJA fest will be a little farther away in Lafayette, Indiana at Purdue University.  But right now it looks like a week of fun that I will be able to attend.  Hopefully I will meet some more great teams like the Pastels and if all works out well, maybe even the great lincolnrick.........or Walter Watts?  Wonder who else might be headed to that event?  I am guessing Mark Hayward will be there.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 04:19:29 PM by the Earl of Whirl »
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 11:34:46 AM »

In fact the Pastels did win the Teams Gold Medal at the IJA fest this year. From all the reports I heard from friends, the festival was a great time, as always.

IJA 2014 in Lafayette?  Plans so far are that I'll be there.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 12:46:18 PM »

I have never been to an IJA festival and I would love to go one day. But next year's festival is July 28 to August 3, while Worlds is just a week later: August 7 - 9.
I guess I'll have to pass the 2014 festival  :(

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 12:57:39 PM »

It just hit me today......I bet Jim Neff from Buffalo will be there at Lafayette, Indiana for that big IJA fest at Purdue.  He is a dedicated reader of this forum but is not too interested in posting. 

Hello, Jim!  We will meet at the U. of P. and get some serious top spinning going with your bag of tricks.  (you won't believe all the tops he has in his bag)

Spread the word around to other top spinners.  You won't want to miss this.  He is loaded with stuff and with Rick and Mark there along with others this will be a special time for top spinners (and everything else).