iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: History of trompo.  (Read 6503 times)

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
History of trompo.
« on: October 19, 2012, 09:56:16 PM »

kualika!!!!
it had many, many months I had seen this video on the tv channel 11 of México City. Even, I had recorded it with my camera (which, by the way, I lost in Blava).
but I wasn´t able to post it in my youtube´s channel.
Today, I reviewed again the Canal11IPN youtube´s channel and I tried again to find it there, and....it was there....so, enjoy it...I guess ta0 could do a much better translation for the non spanish talkers than me...

oye, ta0, by the way...why can´t I watch the videos that appear here linked? I have  tried to see many videos...it´s posible to hear the sound from the videos, but not posible to see the images....can someone tellme why? thanksa lot.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 10:00:34 PM by ARÀCNOCTAMBULO »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: History of trompo.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 11:54:28 PM »

Thanks for posting this cartoon about the history of how the top came to Mexico. Very nice, except . . . where did they get their info?  ???

"From the antique Mesopotamia (Iraq) where it was more a magic amulet than a toy, to Thebes (Greece) where they made tops toys out of mud, to the rest of Europe including Sweden. The Vikings take it to Normandy, and from there it crosses to Portugal (from where it came the name piao => peon => peonza), and finally the Spaniards took it to Mexico.  Eventually other materials were used, and some children still play tops like other kids did thousands of years ago. Six degrees of separation [with Mesopotamia]: Mexico connected with the world"

Sounds like a good story, but I think somebody took some liberties recreating the history of the spintop  . . .   ???  ::)

Huitze: not sure what is the problem you are having with the videos.  Make sure you have the latest flash version.  Some of the kongzhu videos linked lately are really long (close to 1 hour!)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 10:29:48 AM by ta0 »

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 03:17:58 AM »

good document!!I like the way it is exposed: communication/travel as an element of transformation through cultural exchanges....

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 10:22:37 PM »

I really ignore wherefrom they took th'information.
But I think that this information verted here is not so far from the real truth about the traveling of trompo across the hisTOPry and the nations.
Well, anyway, I will try to search where was their information's source.

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 10:03:26 PM »

I have tried to get th'information.
But th'owner of channel has never answered to me.
I suppouse that with that huge quantity of videos, has no time to answer.
Anyway, I will continue trying.

Watts' Tops

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
    • www.wattstops.com
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 04:29:30 PM »

Neat but.........How did it get the the United States??????? ???  Would love to know.
Watts' Tops
Prov. 3:5-6