iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ITSA General Assembly: December 5th - 12th

Author Topic: going back for a 100th anniversary of a church and staying in a haunted room!  (Read 1869 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page

OK, so I've got this five hour trip this weekend to go back to a place I served in the 80's.  They are celebrating their 100th anniversary.  As I looked around for places to stay, I happened to notice a comment about one old downtown hotel being haunted.  I did some more research and found out that room 303 is supposedly the center of all the activity.  Of course, when I called to reserve a room I asked about room 303 and guess what?  It was not occupied for the night I would be there!  I could not resist so if all goes well I hope to send a post from a haunted room in a nearly 200 year old building in downtown Warren, Ohio.  Seems like a good night for a top battle.

Here is a link to the story:
http://www4.vindy.com/content/entertainment/306611128112663.php

And one more:
http://www.myamalgam.com/DarkXMas2005.html

From the picture there it looks like there might be another small hand available for top battling.  I will be sure to bring some smaller tops for them.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member

Well, things did not go as planned.  They would not give me room 303.  It supposedly is occupied with extended stay individuals.  That is not what they told me on the phone.  I did get room 203, right below it.  It is probably all a bunch of baloney, anyways.  The website also talked about how this was such an old place..... all the way back to 1817.  The truth is that it is fairly old but actually 1887.  It seems like a nice downtown hotel.  My room is good and they are doing a lot more work on the hotel.  If I hear any noises in the night it will probably be from them hammering!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 09:10:57 PM by the Earl of Whirl »

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube

..... hammeringof energy!be careful Earl,them phantoms know nothing about the power of spin

enjoy your stay

i've already sent a ring of protect covering rooms 503 403 303 203 1O3 and an extra space for spinning on the ground floor ;)

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member

Thanks Jim.  You may have put a little too much energy in your protection ring.  Rooms 503 and 403 are now gone!  Actually, there are only three floors (so 503 and 403 did not ever exist).

My room was fine.  I got a lot of good sleep.  The only noise I heard was people shutting doors or walking in the hallway or moving in their rooms.  Actually, there was a LOT of noise as the walls seem thin and the doors heavy.  If someone was really superstitious (and full of some other kind of spirit) they probably could have mistaken any of that for ghostly activity.  I was not impressed, though......at least not with the supposed "haunted" part of the hotel.  I WAS impressed with the architecture and the work they are doing to restore it.  I want to come back and stay again so I can see how it all turns out.  I really like the place and think the "haunting" part is quite overdone.

As for the 100th anniversary service, I got to do the children's sermon.  I told them about some of my activities in the past 25 years like joggling three and five balls, unicycling, diaboling and top spinning.  Of course, I demonstrated all of that and it doesn't take much to impress a bunch of church people who never go to juggling festivals or top spinning championships.  I must also highlight the fact that when I completed everything I was dropless!  It was great to be back.  Hopefully I get back there one more time before 25 more years go by.

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member

Haunting must be big business.  In Savannah GA it is said that the inventor of the X-ray wanders about looking for his hand that he lost due to excessive x-ray dose. 
Reality is that he lived and died in Germany. 
I suppose that a ghost would do well to look most everywhere for his hand if for no other reason than to sell ghost tour tickets. :-)
Kirk

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member

That is good stuff, Kirk.  Thanks for sharing it.

Are you from Savannah?  Supposedly it is one of the most haunted places in the world.....or maybe one of the places where they sell the most ghost tour tickets!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member

I am going to get away for a bit after a hectic Lent and Holy Week and an even busier Easter.  If all goes well, I hope to see Jim Neff on Monday evening April 22nd.  While looking for some fun and maybe an adventurie I see the Hotel Henry is near where he works.  This is the site of a former insane asylum and it is listed as one of the scariest and most haunted hotels in America.  Sounds intriguing.  I wonder if they have any rooms available 4/22?