iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Worlds 2012 planning  (Read 28585 times)

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
Re: Worlds 2012 planning
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2012, 01:21:20 PM »

Fantastic!
Erratic Wobbler

yothomas

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2012, 09:05:12 PM »

of course i will be @ the worlds,this i think will be 12 years straight but i have no plans to compete unless
you get me drunk enough to get me on stage,but that's going to lot of beers.i always enjoy this contest
seeing old friends from all over the world and making new ones.
   and the Earl of Whirl, did you get that box of wooden twin spins i sent you.sorry ta0.Tom

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2012, 09:27:23 AM »

of course i will be @ the worlds,this i think will be 12 years straight but i have no plans to compete unless
you get me drunk enough to get me on stage,but that's going to lot of beers.i always enjoy this contest
seeing old friends from all over the world and making new ones 
If that is what it takes, ex-INEPTT can invest in a couple of 6-packs  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Great to see you again!

It seems two more Cometa demonstrators are coming (but not competing). One is Chavez, the other I cannot remember his name but he toured with Carlos last year in Slovakia, I believe.  Each time I talk to Gus he asks for more time on the freestyle, that 3 minutes is too short, that he needs at least 5 minutes  . . . 

On the not good news front, Eric Wolff will not be able to come because of his mother's health.  We will be missing his workshops and his incredible collection of hand made tops.  Mark Hayward may take the lead on judging the spintop mod contest.  I will not be able to enter a top (today I am modding the trophies) so I may also help.

and the Earl of Whirl, did you get that box of wooden twin spins i sent you.sorry ta0.Tom
Yeah, I did not want to take your tops for free  :(  Anyway, Mike bring me one with the card in nice condition, but not a light blue as I already have one.  Any other color will work, even pink  :P

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2012, 01:55:49 PM »

Yes yes yes!  I will be sure to fill the yothomas tummy with plenty of beverage so he will enjoy being a part of freestyles.  And those twin spins are having a wonderful time in the hall of fame. 

We have completed the first leg of our journey to worlds.  We are sitting in my son's living room in Greensboro, North Carolina visiting my new granddaughter Harper. 
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2012, 10:52:40 PM »

On the worlds website is announced a new 15 Seconds of Fame Contest at Lucky's BBQ with a $200 cash prize to the winner.  A couple of times in previous years I have entered with a top trick, and I believe Eric and Mike also have, but this is the first time that tops are explicity mentioned in the rules and not just yo-yos: "Yo-yo, tops, magic, contortions, poetry, juggling, you decide, but you only have 15 seconds to impress."

What is new at Lucky's is that there will be filming for a zombie movie:  "7PM Yo-Yo zombie walk dress at 7:00 the horde will walk at 7:15  we will also shoot  a short Zombie Cause film after the yo-yo walk film.  We have old clothes and makeup here. yes we are not kidding. We are doing a Yo-Yo Zombie Shamble for one of Lucky's films."  :o

Mike: you must be one of the few current world champions in any sport where young people compete who is also a grandpa!  :D

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2012, 02:32:57 AM »

i wish i can make it some day ;;--))

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Ludo

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2012, 02:41:49 PM »

ello  mucho bueno the battle ?  who is the campeon of the years bye ludo   happy birthdays jim

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2012, 09:26:35 PM »

For those who cannot come, there will be live video feed at www.worldyoyocontest.com/2012worlds from about 10AM EST on Thursday until about 10pm EST on Saturday.  The camera typically points to the main stage during competition and towards the big ballroom at other times.

Kyo has volunteered to be our official photographer of the freestyles so we should have great photos (thanks to Greg for moving the iron mod so he could make it).

Now I need to finish that trophy . . .

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2012, 09:11:00 AM »

The official program is at the worlds site www.worldyoyocontest.com (but the site just went down  :o)

Unfortunately, the only spintop workshop it lists is the beginner one on Friday.  But we will have the rest of the stuff, don't worry, just look at what is posted on the main program by the ballroom. It seems Thursday we could have a salon for 1 or 2 hours before Lucky's BBQ, so I think a Gus workshop plus a top breakout would be great.  And plan for a battle before the wheel of penalty that night.

I found out that the reason of the zombie yo-yo walk and movie is that Lucky has written a zombie cause dictionary:

Do zombies play tops?

Hey Rob, are you bringing your 3-D printing machine?  Can we bring a file of a little top spinning piece to print?

robtsou

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2012, 10:24:29 PM »

When I was scheduled to come, I was planning to bring the MakerBot but I couldn't take off from work to make it down this year.  I will miss all of you!  :(

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2012, 03:25:48 AM »

Sorry you are not coming Rob. 

Attached is a picture of the trophies I just finished modding (it is 2:30 AM).  First place is a dream trophy . . .

There is a last minute problem with Gus trip. It is likely he will not make it  :( :( :( I am crossing my fingers.

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2012, 06:10:39 AM »

tao, those trophies are beautiful!  :o
Thanks for all the hard work and late hours, you are incredible!  8)

(I hope Gus can make it there)

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2012, 11:00:31 AM »

Ta0 those trophies are outstanding!  :o :o Thanks for all the work you've done.  I do wish I could be there.  :(

MarkHayward

• ITSA
    • www.markhayward.net
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2012, 11:11:54 AM »

I'm coming, and I'm competing! Does anyone have a Cincinnati Crew top that I could borrow for the contest? (One of the fixed tip ones that John Marcus makes out of recycled plastic bottles.Do they have a name? Re-Gen?) I have one, but it would be better if I had another one as a backup.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2012, 12:12:27 PM »

Got ya covered, Mark!

Nice trophies, ta0.  Did Greg decide not to do them this year?

Sorry to hear about Gus.  Rats.

We are now at St. Simon's Island.  It is a nice beach town in southern Georgia but no top sightings anywhere around these parts.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:38:09 PM by the Earl of Whirl »
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up