iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: European Contest Results  (Read 11028 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
European Contest Results
« on: January 22, 2012, 01:20:16 PM »

It occurred to me to check the EYYC website and when I noticed that the spintop contest was Sunday I tried the live stream. My luck was such that I got the awards ceremony. The video quality was fantastic (really incredible) for a few seconds and then I lost the video but the sound remained very clear (the announcer spoke English).  There were 7 competitors in the spintop finals.  Jakub (Hroch) defended his title. Tyler (czyoyo) was second (well done!) and I think Cicia as third (now I may be confused between 6 and 3, both were Italian ;) ).

Congratulations to everybody!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 01:27:18 PM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: European Contest Results
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 03:35:36 PM »

Congrats.  Sounds like the competition went well!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 06:23:01 PM »

Congratulations!  I wonder if the video will turn up again later?
Erratic Wobbler

czyoyo

• Ultrahero member
  • I am American but I live in Czech Republic.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 04:12:33 AM »

Thanks Everyone ;D Eyyc was a blast 8)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 02:32:35 PM »

The website does not have the spintop results yet: can someone post the list?

I did see that Ciccia (Sabatini) won 4A yo-yos: congrats!!  Also saw that Tom's daughter was second in 1A women and 9nth 1A open: well done!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:08:58 PM by ta0 »

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 04:01:14 PM »

Rules:
Players are lined up shoulder to shoulder and each got 3 throws to show the best trick or combo. Judges will choose the best attempt of every player and choose a winner from all best attempts.

Results:
1. Jakub Kone?ný
2. Tyler Young
3. Lorenzo Sabatini
4. Tomáš V?žník
5. Jan Kloubec
6. Maurizio Petruccioli
7. Vašek Kroutil
8. Francesco Ambuchi
9. Daniel Kone?ný

I'm not 100% sure about them but I hope they're right.

Videos:
EYYC 2012 - Spintop - 1st round
EYYC 2012 - Spintop - 2nd round
EYYC 2012 - Spintop - 3rd round

I think Tyler is getting better very fast. Daniel had a really bad luck with all 3 throws. And I messed up first two combos, so I can't risk in the third one.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 05:15:33 PM »

Thanks for posting those.  I don't have time right now to look at them (and study them) but I have a day off tomorrow and now have something to look forward to!

Thanks again!

Dojo-yoyo7

• Gold Member
  • Got a love can't wait to throw it!
    • my yoyoexpert account
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 07:26:47 PM »

Congrats to everyone

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 07:50:26 PM »

Thanks a lot Jakub!  That was fun to watch.  Nine players freestyling is great. Next year you may need prelims or you will not have enough stage space.

I see some new promising players. Tomáš did excellent and could have easily finished third.  Jan has a great future.
Tyler was fantastic, fighting for the title.  Jakub was the well deserved winner, but had the luck that Daniel did not have, saving those tops in the last round. Several nice on-string regens there. Daniel should have his own Giulia!  :P Francesco needs to do a few less risk tricks and can finish higher.

Was Vašek using a YYJ Topdog?

So, you went back to the "best-out-of-three" routine counts? I am not sure if I like that.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:28:05 AM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »

Next year you may need prelims or you will not have enough stage time.
I am hoping there is a Spanish group next year. The way they are progressing they may challenge the Czech players. And it would be nice to see the soccer rivalry between Spain and Italy translate to spintops. France . . . well, I think they once won the World Cup  ;D

Daniel must have been very disappointed. But we all know he will eventually win a bunch of titles.

Were any Loves or STB.2s available at EYYC?

czyoyo

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 02:32:03 AM »

Vashek was using Lorenzo's STB. No loves or Stb 2.0s. :-\

Tomymoonly

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 06:46:50 AM »

funny i see some ppl that inspired their trick from mine in EYYC 2011 this is so nice...

Jakob is still awesome...

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 01:36:26 PM »

The stage was awesome... to see so many young players is something says that i'm on the right way. I'm happy to see how fast they grow on play and learn. I have to pratice, but without stealing time to my projects so i left few minutes  ;) , but i feel myself winner because i'm part of the spintop growing. I sold near all the tops i had with me and Duncan too, Czech players are the top now untill Spain and Italy will show their best cards.

Love and STB 2.0 are really near, machinist is a lot busy but will find time for me. I make only WHITE STB 2.0, the first 20 black ones are on special hands and i want they can feel themself lucky.
Love will be white and some black (30% of production), i'm still waiting for the price for the keychain tool, so i don't know if i can make it or not, i hope because it can work as keychain holder and as button holding the string inside the top.
I want to celebrate someone, czyoyo impressed me before to throw the top  :o and his father too, so i want to officially ask him to enter on my team because on my team i have friends before than players. For now I can't make so much as sponsor, but i will make what i can. First could be something special, like a limited run color of stb 2.0 with special string ecc.

Maurizio

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 02:55:59 PM »

The stage was awesome... to see so many young players is something says that i'm on the right way. I'm happy to see how fast they grow on play and learn. I have to pratice, but without stealing time to my projects so i left few minutes  ;) , but i feel myself winner because i'm part of the spintop growing. I sold near all the tops i had with me and Duncan too, Czech players are the top now untill Spain and Italy will show their best cards.

Love and STB 2.0 are really near, machinist is a lot busy but will find time for me. I make only WHITE STB 2.0, the first 20 black ones are on special hands and i want they can feel themself lucky.
Love will be white and some black (30% of production), i'm still waiting for the price for the keychain tool, so i don't know if i can make it or not, i hope because it can work as keychain holder and as button holding the string inside the top.
I want to celebrate someone, czyoyo impressed me before to throw the top  :o and his father too, so i want to officially ask him to enter on my team because on my team i have friends before than players. For now I can't make so much as sponsor, but i will make what i can. First could be something special, like a limited run color of stb 2.0 with special string ecc.

Maurizio

That is so awesome! I was thinking that Tyler would look good in an S8 shirt while he was performing his first run (which was FANTASTIC, by the way). Congratulations to everyone on stage. It takes a lot of guts just to get up there. I thought Tyler had the win until HROCH's last run. I think that Tyler would have won if the scores were based on all three runs.

czyoyo

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 03:14:50 PM »

Wow!!! :o

Mryo: May I ask what being on the team means? ??? If it just means I get a top, a shirt, and I compete for strummol8 then I accept. ;D I am very excited!  :D

Everyone: Thanks for all of the nice comments everyone!!! You are all great! 8)